Souped up yard kart build

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
Rear axle is complete! I currently have my “drift tires” mounted. In other news, my cat Max has been massacring mice (which is new behavior) and presenting them to me as I work which is, um… nice? But I prefer to keep my workspace free of guts:lolgoku:
DCE9222D-9341-44F9-8450-FEDB038AE52D.jpeg5C8C5905-F116-4D7D-AE1C-357A94D430C6.jpeg128AC3FE-2B01-482A-8FFA-6A2BFA4EF695.jpeg
max:
550188B2-FB64-4D61-B37E-0D4EEB2D9444.jpeg1F8FCF4E-2072-4E5B-8B72-7B15FDF77E9A.jpeg

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Can I borrow Max for a while? My dog gets along with cats, but the mice around here drive him nuts.

You better add some support out to the ends of that axle or it will fold like a cheap suit. Also add some spacers to keep the axle centered. Otherwise it looks good!
Now what about that kat?

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
Can I borrow Max for a while? My dog gets along with cats, but the mice around here drive him nuts.
Heh sure, come down to cali sometime when we don’t have a fire going on 💀
You better add some support out to the ends of that axle or it will fold like a cheap suit. Also add some spacers to keep the axle centered.
What do you mean by supports?

I have some locking collars on the way to keep everything straight :thumbsup:

redflash

Reaction score
The frame is so narrow, and there is so much axle hanging out from the narrow frame......any particular weight or hard bounce could bend the axe.
He's suggesting widening the frame around the axle, or extending the width of the frame so that the axle is braced only inches inside the tire.

Da Flash

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
The frame is so narrow, and there is so much axle hanging out from the narrow frame......any particular weight or hard bounce could bend the axe.
He's suggesting widening the frame around the axle, or extending the width of the frame so that the axle is braced only inches inside the tire.

Da Flash
Yup, Red understood what I meant. And locking collars no matter how good they are won’t keep the axle from sliding around. It’s best to cut tubing to slide over the axle to fit between the bearing and wheel/hub.

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates, as previously mentioned… High school. I just finished my first week and so unfortunately I didn’t get much done. However, I was able to sand down some of the areas where the fiberglass had chipped away on my seat which definitely helped the overall appearance. I also FINALLY met someone else who shares my interests when it comes to go karts and motor vehicles in general. It’s nice since before that I didn’t really know anyone else who liked this kind of stuff. We’re considering collaborating on a project in the future and if we do, you guys will definitely see it. Anyways, I’ll keep doing my best and trying to get some hours in on the kart when I can