Souped up yard kart build

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
After more time than I care to admit, more gasoline spilled than I care to admit, a blood blister and a recharged battery, she runs! And boy does she sound good doing it ;). Now, that might seem like a lot of hassle for what should be a simple installation but give me a break, this is my first time ever replacing and rejeting a carburetor so I figured it was best to take my time

Functional Artist

Reaction score
God we’re in the middle of a gas crisis
IMO
The USA has plenty of gas
...this "gas crisis" is self-inflicted :devil2:

Does anyone remember $2.00 per gallon gas?:innocent:
...it wasn't that long ago (only ~2 years actually) ;)

Did we (the USA) suddenly "run out of gas"? :stir:

Um...NO :mad2: NO WE DIDN'T :huh:
...so, it's "self inflicted" :furious2:

Ex:
If someone can buy, let's say "corn", from 20 different farmers
...then, their all competing to "sell their corn"
...& giving "deals" just to "move" their product (& create sales)

But, if you can "only" get your "corn" from, let's say 2 farmers
...then, they can (& will) "command" a higher price for their product (simple economics) :thumbsup:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Kevin deals with it more than you know! Gas prices affect him more than almost everyone except truck drivers! You see he owns his own towing and recovery business! So see it is something he has to worry about. I liked the Trump era gas prices of $1.01 a gallon my self. Too bad he is a jerk. He was a decent president. Don’t want to turn this political or it will get this deleted. It turns my guts to defend Kevin. Just kidding buddy, you know I like you! Kevin buys me soup, Lipton’s Xtra Noodle Chicken Flavored to be exact.

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
Quick little update: rear wheels are coming in four days.
Mounted my torque converter backwards so it can clear my frame.
DF4E32DF-75EE-4DDC-8DD5-EFAA1FDB0E2F.jpeg
Unfortunately I have to cut out my engine plate and re-weld it all the way to the back of my frame. So sometime in the coming weeks I’m heading up to my uncles house who lives a couple hours away so I can learn how to weld. He’s crazy into fabrication and has an epic machine shop.
It also turns out that the bearing flanges on my kart are warped plus they’re a little rusty so I have to find where I can buy replacements

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
Random question: is there anyway to make my predy 212 sound throatier? Whatever pipe redflash put on there makes it sound fantastic but I’m a sucker for big nasty sounding V8s and was wondering if there was anyway to capture a piece of that in my 212. I’d prefer not to do anything too complicated or expensive so if there’s any cheap/easy way to make it sound more aggressive and/or deeper that would be fantastic

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates, I’ve been out camping with the fam for about the last week. I’m currently working on cutting out the old engine plate (which is a more laborious process than one might imagine) so I can weld the new one further back to help clear my reverse mounted tc