Souped up yard kart build

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
Thanks for checking in! I haven’t really had much time to work on the project between school finals and the holidays but just last night, I finally finished rebuilding the new engine now that I have all the pieces. I’m spending this entire day battening down the hatches for the massive storm That’s coming, this includes moving the go karts out of the garage just in case a tree comes down on them. We’re taking this pretty seriously since the front that’s moving in is projected to be strong enough to have a potential loss of human life but I will post updates as soon as I can. Progress, albeit slowly, is happening.

pearl111

Reaction score
Thanks for checking in! I haven’t really had much time to work on the project between school finals and the holidays but just last night, I finally finished rebuilding the new engine now that I have all the pieces. I’m spending this entire day battening down the hatches for the massive storm That’s coming, this includes moving the go karts out of the garage just in case a tree comes down on them. We’re taking this pretty seriously since the front that’s moving in is projected to be strong enough to have a potential loss of human life but I will post updates as soon as I can. Progress, albeit slowly, is happening.
Stay safe,...... thanks for the update.

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
Well, here she is after a failed build attempt and a little bit more money than I’d like to admit in all her hacked together glory. Would love it if anyone could give me a rough horsepower/RPM figure based on the mod list below:

(yeah I need to dust it I know)CE5239E4-F3BB-49E1-8671-9AB5671FAF4C.jpeg768B09FB-DB8E-4237-94B9-B171A7F892FF.jpegEF711FA5-C0E4-45B0-942C-735035E3B8C0.jpeg

build list:
Predator 212 non hemi
Straight pipe exhaust
Air filter
0.38 fuel jet
6sigma nitrous kit with a 301-400cc oversized jet
22lb valve springs
Flat top piston
Arc con rod
265 cam
Arc billet flywheel
Stickers of all the brands I used and more for +10 hp ;)

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
I think it would be pretty sweet to add a sound system at some point, what do y’all think
Do it right, forget bluetooth. I put in a Blaupunkt full inputs media center with a pair of 4" dual cone marine speakers. Really rocks.
Would love it if anyone could give me a rough horsepower/RPM figure based on the mod list below:
Don't know about your ARC flywheel, but mine (on a Predator 212cc hemi) came at 28-degrees with a big rare earth magnet, and I gave it a new coil with the inhibitors disabled so it won't start breaking down at high rpm. Yours may be the same, but where's your #6 timing advance key (7.2-degrees, total 35.2-degrees)?
Good that you mesh-filtered the fuel tank and the breather, but where's the filter(s) for the fuel? Hidden somewhere like your fuel pump?
I don't have 6sigma NOS cartridges, but if I did I'd be running jets bigger than my .036 main and .022 pilot. Dumping extra oxygen into the carb without any extra fuel to burn is a complete waste.
Air filter dust sock was a good idea, but it's not anymore. Toss that rotten rag and put one of your dress socks over that filter.
I've got a special custom exhaust, and my ARC conn rod is .020" over-length, but otherwise with the exceptions above, we're pretty well matched if you have the correct .003 valve lashs, and a few other finer things.
Rough guess on power? My builder/supplier rated mine at 15+ hp. ...................... Yours? Take a guess if you were to do the other things I've done. This one started out at 6.5 hp. to reach 15+hp., just like the one before it that was rated 12hp.

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
Here’s my fly wheel. If someone who works with none Hemi’s takes a look, let me know if it all checks out https://www.ombwarehouse.com/arc-billet-flywheel-predator.html

i’m not using a fuel pump since I’m keeping the stock gas tank. Again, I have a 0.38 jet. I also bought a carb of the same size but with a screw to adjust the AFR so I can put a little bit more fuel in it if that’s necessary. My rod is stock length so I don’t have to buy a thicker head gasket. I’m not expecting any serious power gains from the nitrous, It’s more just say that I have installed however I am open to the possibility that it will actually have a positive effect.

panchothedog

Reaction score
Hey Kid, let me try to evaluate your engine. I have built 4 non hemi predators over the last two years, two a little hotter than yours and two a bunch hotter than yours. But as far as horsepower goes I am guessing at my own engines.
The best I can do is try to watch for performance gains as my grandkids make passes in their karts as mods were added. You have what many would call a nice stage 2 engine. A stage one with a mild cam, and billet flywheel, which is not only lighter than stock but also adds 8 degrees of advance. That's good for a lot of extra RPM, which is how power is made with these little engines. I kinda
base my horsepower evaluations ( guesses ) from Go Power Sports dyno sheet
where they get about 10 horsepower from a stage one predator. Based on your
other mods I think you have at least 12 and maybe as much as 13.5 HP.

panchothedog

Reaction score
That's ignoring completely the nitros set up. I have seen a video done by Red Beards Garage where he uses it on a mini bike and does get a performance gain. Each cartridge only lasted 8 seconds.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
The ARC flywheel is very well engineered, balanced, and tested. Just always scared me with the specs about less fanblade drag to increase rpm. I live in Florida. We never stop thinking about engine cooling. Or about saving a few bucks to save for our A/C electric bills.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
It’s a little easier in good ol’ California
N. Cali was the only out of Florida place I ever lived, a year in Sacto, on Folsom Blvd., 5 miles from Folsom prison. In Rancho Cordova area, after when the Golden State Killer had been just the Vidalia Ransacker, and had graduated to being the East Area Rapist. The E.A.R. task force arrested me within sight of my apartment because a sketch of him looked like me. I keep a copy of that sketch on my refrigerator.
BTW: Yeah, it's easier there. Barely hit 32 degrees just 3 times all winter, and we played outside every day in the summer. Can't get that easy weather in N.E. Florida. No humidity extremes either, my soft hair turned into broom straw 3 days after I arrived.