Souped up yard kart build

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
All right I’m back! I have enough time to where I should be able to finally break in the engine. (Yes, I know, I shouldn’t have let it sit this long). Anyways, before I do I was wondering if it’s all right to break it in after it’s been sitting for so long. I used assembly lube in all the spots necessary, filled it up with oil expecting to break it in within the next few days and then had to leave it for about two months. Of course, I’ll tilt it this way and that before running it to get the oil as distributed as possible but I was wondering if there is still any risk of the parts being on lubricated after sitting for so long.

panchothedog

Reaction score
That shouldn't be an issue at all. In fact that is a very good idea to tilt the engine from side to side a bit. This shouldn't really be necessary, but to be extra safe it wouldn't hurt to pull the valve cover and shoot a little motor oil onto your valve springs and push rods.

Kartin’ kid

Reaction score
Hey everyone, wow it’s been a long time! For those that remember me and this project, I hope you guys are doing well. A lot has happened in my life since the last update I gave you guys. I turned 16, I dropped out of school, I got a job, and most importantly I bought a car.
IMG_1379.jpeg
This here is my ratty piece of junk 1979 z/28 Camaro. For those of you interested in this type of stuff, it came with no title, no interior, no brakes, no headlights, no exhaust, no door glass, crash damage, a hole in the floor and a non-running 350 small block. As you can see it’s in need of some serious love. Believe it or not I negotiated the guy down from $4000 to 250 bucks! (A much more fair price if you ask me but still a steal). I got it running and have replaced just about the entire fuel system at this point as well as pieced together and interior for it. By my calculations it should be very close to getting on the road

anyways with all that out of the way I would like to say my delayed formal goodbye to diygokarts.com and all its wonderfully knowledgeable members, at least for now. It is definitely sad for me to make this post but alas, I have fallen in love with this car and smaller go kart related projects have taken a backseat in my life. It would not surprise me in the slightest that when I am older (and in a better financial situation to manage multiple projects at once) I will once again delve into my love for small engine creations but I imagine it will be a while.

I would like to say a special thank you to user Redflash for selling me my first “performance” predator engine and later on providing very useful advice for my projects. Another thanks goes out to Denny and Panchothedog for providing incredibly useful information and engine building tips as well as the occasional cool story from days past. And lastly thanks to everyone else who gave me advice in a time of need. This is truly a wonderful community and I’ll miss you guys.

I have big plans for my car and for my future and I look forward to eventually re-entering the world of karting. To those who made it to the end of this long-winded post thanks for reading and I hope you have a blessed day,

-Kartin’ kid

Thelegg

Reaction score
Hope you have good fun with the car :) be good to see some more pics of it. Love cars to, got a classic mini that takes up most of my time besides go karts lol might get them all finished one day and I'm sure you will to