• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Offer too good to refuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Yeah just pull off the jug and take off wrist oin clip's and done. But I think it might need some bottom end work. I'm probably picking up the bike this weekend without the engine. We will get the engine which is already totaly stripped apart later on.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Maybe finding all these seals and parts will be a issue. So far I have found the complete gasket kit which would make it pretty easy to replace every gasket but I have not yet found the bearing set.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
They do if there is play, or cant be turned easily, grinding, etc. If they are in good shape i wouldn't worry.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Just wait till you ride it, I guarantee that you'll be a little frightened the first time you open it up. Expect the front wheel lifting off, lol.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Yeah, before it hits the power band shift into the next gear. That's what i do with my 490, if i don't ill go over backwards. But then again the 490 has a lot more power than a 250.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
And the first time if I accidently find out where the power band is my main course will be a face full of dirt? Like how hard will it pull me off?

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Lol, just take it easy, you'll be fine. Its isn't like a light switch on and off power, its real smooth. I mean if you really hit it in first gear the bikes goin' straight up. That is if its got traction. Ive done it a few times on my IT200

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Just gradually beat it harder and harder till you find your limit(when things start feeling funny and you think OH ****!). ORVs in general are geared so low you can roll them around in top gear at 15mph, its the nature of the beast to pull a wheelie. 1st on my Kawi 250 is so low if I ease it to WOT it just revs and revs, wont go over maybe 15-20 mph.

I always found a heavy hoody and a helmet good enough for crash gear, falling off at 20mph doesnt hurt.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
It wont just instantly flip, it will come up sorta slow. You'll find out when you get it goin.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Ok I will learn. Sounds kinda like a Ontario licence plate where I live. "Yours to discover" I'm not sure if you have heard of this before but one time my freind's honda FL350 oddysey had a flooded crankcase full of fuel and it started diesel'ing and we event pulled the plug boot off and it kept going. Ever hear of this?

http://www.plateshack.com/y2k/Ontario/on02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.