• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Offer too good to refuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Ok my swing arm and rear link have quite a bit of slop. It's more in the link though. I've searched, searched and searched and found nothing online. Are they just like nylon bushings or like a real bearing?

jr dragster T

Reaction score
**** why did Honda have to use metric bolts everywhere. Of course I have like every imperiel bolt ever needed for this bike in a big tub of random bolts but very little metric, And I need a metric bolt for the rear link.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
why did Honda have to use metric bolts everywhere.
Because it's a Japanese design. Could be worse.
Some European cars use Whitworth tools.
Quote from a UK website:
[SIZE=+1]Whitworth is an old British standard for screw threads and sizes. You need the Whitworth size tools to work on your old Austin, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar, MG, BSA, or other old British made automobile or motorcycle. [/SIZE]

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Pshh I dont mind spending a extra 50 cents for stainless Espeiclly because when I get this bike going I'm going to have alot of trust in it. when im at my my cottage I go pretty far from the cottage.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Ok I found the hub like part I'm trying to remove. The part is #4 in this exlploded view. I'm thinking it thread's off.

Last edited:

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Never mind I got it all apart. Just thread's off like I thought. Had to make a custom tool. Did I ever have fun getting the #22 snap ring off. It's like a 3" snap ring and VERY stiff! the Torque Absorbers #5 are finished so I will be ordering new ones. I also got the other bearing out and its worse. Both bearings where PACKED in mud with the seals ripped off and broken race's and missing ball's.

Status
Not open for further replies.