• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Offer too good to refuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Now my dad say's a 3 wheeler is too dangerous. Cant disagree to much. Anyway I'm getting a real nice dirt bike for free. the rear tire is HUGE!!! Like 4 1/2" wide!

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
3 wheelers are not dangerous. Its when a dumba$$ rides one is when it become dangerous. Walking across a busy street is more dangerous than riding a 3 wheeler. D@mn CSPC....

What kinda dirtbike

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Very. If its air cooled, its basically the same engine that's in my ATC250r. If its liquid, then its really fast. It might be too much for a 14 yr old not going to lie. Try it and see.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
yeah well I'm pretty tall for a 14 year old. Around 5'9. But I dont weigh much so I'll probably get thrown off the thing as soon as it hits the powerband.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Yeah, they are **** good bikes though. Honda made a very solid 250. Do you know what year it is?

jr dragster T

Reaction score
I think it's around 1983. I know it has the aluminum rear swingarm so it cant be that old. Cause I know the older ones used a steel swingarm or something.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Dang so that involves more work and part's. I hope the guy I'm getting it from has all the part's. Will a 4 stroke lifan engine fit in its place? Because the original engine needs lots of work.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Don't think of liquid cooling as a bad thing, its awesome! Way more power and reliability. You don't want to replace it with a 4 stroke, fix the 2 stroke 250, you wont believe the power it makes. No 4 stroke will even come close. Plus if you fix the 250, you will learn TONS, and it will be much easier than hacking up a good frame to fit a underpowered 4 stroke in it.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Ok well it's going to take some work. What do you think the top speed is on this bike? 75 mph'ish? and will this bike have anoying oil injection?

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Nope, no oil injection. Top speed will be 75-80, but it will get there FAST. These pull hard so hang on. It should be able to wheelie through almost all the gears. For the bikes sake, please rebuild the 250. The early liquid cooled ones are rare, so it will be worth much more if you rebuild it also.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Rebuilding a 2 stroke isnt hard, split cases, clean out metal shavings(if it ran out of oil or seized up there will be crap in it), spec everything, new seals and bearings, bore appropriately, install piston, button up, break in.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Will it realy need new crank seals and bearings? Also another thing is that can you take the engine off without splitting open the tranny? Cause I realy dont want to mess with the tranny.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
If it just needs a piston, then you don't need to split the cases. Replacing a piston is simple. Especially on a 2 smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.