2019 - Ultimate Yard Kart

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Already lookin for money lol. You talking about the front cast rims off a manco? They're expencive. Saved the broken piece off mine. Might see if I can get it fixed. And JT, if those tires don't have tubes they're a good idea and are pretty cheap.

They're tube type, which is part of the reason WHY I'm keeping them.
Since they can see lots of abuse and I don't need to worry too much about poppage.
Also, I'm not sure if I have stated this clearly in this thread yet, but my goal is:
It's a survivor restomod, so I'm going to try to keep original parts as best as I can, and then modify the heck out of the engine! :2guns:

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Already lookin for money lol. You talking about the front cast rims off a manco? They're expencive. Saved the broken piece off mine. Might see if I can get it fixed. And JT, if those tires don't have tubes they're a good idea and are pretty cheap.

My pay pal wont work so nvm also yes they are cast two peice ones i have a new tube and one i need to patch but still need a drive tire

Attachments

• 20190705_125611.jpg
    20190705_125611.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 8

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
WOW, I just rode this thing again(after filming some more for the soon coming video), and this thing makes some SERIOUS G-forces! It was throwing me around in the seat!
It's also a bit of a drifting BEAST! I prefer to drift on pavement since it's altogether more consistent than grass.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I have had no problems with it even trying to flip at all. It doesn't want to let me do a clockwise 180, since the front tires just lose traction, but it's easy to slide going counterclockwise.
I know it would be safer on grass, but my yard isn't really big enough, and my parents don't want me to tear it up.
Pavement is my only real option, but it's a blast!

Panhead5496

Reaction score
i have a pay pal for anyone who might donate possibly ill see if i can put it in my signature.

Why would we give you money to fix your wheel? Go mow some lawns, pick up sticks, etc and make some money and fix it yourself.

I promise you'll get way more satisfaction making money and fixing your own stuff rather than just asking for donations from strangers on the internet lol

I know it would be safer on grass, but my yard isn't really big enough, and my parents don't want me to tear it up.

I hear ya on that, I remember once when I was in middle school I drove my little electric scooter through my dad's plants...it didn't end well LOL :D

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Why would we give you money to fix your wheel? Go mow some lawns, pick up sticks, etc and make some money and fix it yourself.

I promise you'll get way more satisfaction making money and fixing your own stuff rather than just asking for donations from strangers on the internet lol

:iagree:
I get what little money I get from yard work. Actually quite a lucrative business since most people(including me, oddly enough) don't like to do yard work in the heat.
Ah well, might as well make money off it!
I hear ya on that, I remember once when I was in middle school I drove my little electric scooter through my dad's plants...it didn't end well LOL :D

That's a real :oops: moment!
Thank goodness it's just the yard, so the one time when I dug a trench, my parents didn't really mind, but just don't want me to do it again, since we're renting from my grandma and aunt.
Ah well, I like pavement better, anyway.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Ah well, I like pavement better, anyway.
So do I, so I have to haul my karts over to one of my friends' houses. Can't ride on my street. One neighbor is a [word I can't say on here]. Did actually get to go down the street on the neighbor's kart. His kid is like 8 and he doesn't know much about small engines so I fixed it for them.
Neon green gas.
He did buy a torque converter and I'll be putting it on this weekend.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
The last time I did that with my kart on tarmac I snapped the back wheel off

Nice vid though :thumbsup:

I need to bend the cotter pins holding my rear wheels on....
The pins are just sticking in there, not ideal. :eek:
I first figured out I could break traction on loose pavement, but after I realized what it did to the tires, I switched to smooth pavement.
It's way fun. :auto:

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
My friend's road is tar and chip and there was just rocks dumped on it so it was great for donuts. He two wheeled it and I may have flipped it the other day.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
My friend's road is tar and chip and there was just rocks dumped on it so it was great for donuts. He two wheeled it and I may have flipped it the other day.

Mmmhmmmmm............:roflol:
Remind me not to let you drive it. ;)
My tires are pretty dry rotted, so they only leave faint tire marks, but there is a visual ring of tire marks around the culdesac now!:2guns:
That feeling of the tail sliding out has left me hungry for MOAR!!!:popcorn:

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Ok, it's been about a month since I updated, since I went on vacation(attached are some pics, including my live pet jellyfish named Joe I caught at the beach).
We also got to stop at Monument Valley, and we got to see the Totem Pole rock formation that Clint Eastwood climbed in a movie(don't know which).
And I bought this old Clinton gas tank off of Ebay today!:wai:
Once I get it installed I can finally remove the PO-added bits like the roll hoop, and bring this thing closer to it's original glory!:bannana:

Attachments

• DSCN0053.jpg
    DSCN0053.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 7
  • G0010089.jpg
    G0010089.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0057.jpg
    DSCN0057.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 7
  • GOPR0302.jpg
    GOPR0302.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Clinton Tank.jpg
    Clinton Tank.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 9

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Ok, it's been about a month since I updated, since I went on vacation(attached are some pics, including my live pet jellyfish named Joe I caught at the beach).

:p
It was just a Dollar Tree type sand bucket, but he did stay alive.
Joe the(Crystal) Jellyfish.
Yeah, the species is literally called the Crystal Jelly.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
At the same beach I also managed to find two washed up-dinner plate sized Moon Jellyfish, but they were dead.
Anyway, besides Joe:
I don't know about you guys, but I think that tank is gonna look rad on the One Tire Fryer.
I think I'm either going to clearcoat it as-is or take a wire wheel to it to give it a spun aluminum look.
I certainly won't paint it black to match the kart because black absorbs the most heat of any color, and with the blasting Texas sun, I am legitimately worried about fire risks.
So what's the forum's input: Clearcoat as-is or shiny:drool5:?