2019 - Ultimate Yard Kart

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Dont drift on pavement unless its wet and very smooth it kills tires and both me and my freind have almost flipped because it wasnt smooth use black top or parking lots because its safer but im not saying you cant drift if you dont care about breaking stuff then Let'er rip tater chip'

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Oh, I just took it out for a ride and got it to 180 on loose and smooth dry pavement! That is, thanks to the dry rotted tires! Sometimes it'll be kinda unnerving when I yank the wheel at high speed, because the front tires will lose traction and effectively drift! :eek:
I couldn't get it to powerslide, but I had a ton of fun!
I need to put lock washers on the sprocket bolts, since the bolts keep working their way loose, but that didn't stop me from taking it for a rip!
Here's some pics:
EDIT- I noticed that there was an address number on the curb in the background of two photos, so I photoshopped and uploaded copies so my location is nice and anonymous.

Attachments

• DSAN0005M.jpg
    DSAN0005M.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSAN0006M.jpg
    DSAN0006M.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN0009.jpg
    DSCN0009.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 4

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Reminds em of budget go kart when i first had it now i have a 212 because i could find any briggs for it and to drift you slow down a little bit about rolling speed then floorit and transfer a little weight to kick the back out and boom drifting

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Reminds em of budget go kart when i first had it now i have a 212 because i could find any briggs for it and to drift you slow down a little bit about rolling speed then floorit and transfer a little weight to kick the back out and boom drifting

Yeah, I need a bit more practice, some mods, and lower gearing, and then this thing should be able to drift all day!

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Ooooh, look at JT’s glamour pics. Now that’s how you do photos, gentlemen. :cool:

He’s got it posed on the road too, no less.

I think your leaky carb is due to the needle and seat—I think that’s where most leaks stem from. You mentioned it in one of your videos too but I don’t know if you fixed everything.

I just did the same fix on a larger Briggs 16 HP (needle and seat) after many seasons of it flooding the cylinder with fuel. For nearly the same amount of cash and effort I could have just replaced the old Walbro carb with a brand new Chinesium one....:p ...but I wanted it to actually work afterwards :D
Even McKutzy reports that the Chinese carbs are hit or miss...:ack2:

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Thanks, it was kinda nerve racking to be basically laying down on a neighborhood street with my go kart as well. I paid special attention to the setting and everything. Thankfully it was cloudy but well lit, basically ideal setting.
Glad they turned out well and that y'all like them!
I've fixed the major leak, by replacing several things: the venturi and seal, and the needle and seat. The OEM needle had a different taper than the previous one, so I think that was the problem.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

I've changed the Kartssource channel art to a modified version of one of the seen pics. Looks a lot better than the enlarged, pixelated logo! Check out the new channel art!

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Yes, nice pics :thumbsup:

* To ALL of you "drifters" PLEASE wear proper gear ;)
...at the very very least PLEASE wear your helmet
(if you don't have one, get one) :cheers2:

I have flipped a few karts "it ain't no fun" :smiley_omg:
...actually takes the fun right out of it :ack2:

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I wear jeans and my helmet, with the visor down.
I also changed my desktop background to one of the pictures just because they turned out so well!

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I highly doubt Indiana is more than our consistent high 90s/low 100s with high humidity, blasting sun, and swarms of mosquitos.
Either that or you're a wuss. ;) :D

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
GoPro Adventures....

Today I got my grandpa's GoPro.
It's a Hero 1. Wow, that's way behind the trends nowadays, since there's stuff like the Hero 8 now.
Ah well, it's a GoPro, so y'all will get non-shaky video of me rippin' up the neighborhood soon.
It came to me missing the mounting plate thingy, so I can't anchor it to the adhesive mounts. So I used the 30 day free Amazon Prime trial and got free 1 day shipping on a shoulder harness.
Video coming soon!

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
My grandpa doesn't really care about it, he basically never uses it. I'm just glad he lets me use it!

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Keeping the drive wheel from falling apart....

The sprocket bolts kept backing out, so I put two lockwashers on each bolt to keep them in.
My GoPro shoulder harness also arrived, so tomorrow I should be filming again! :wai:
Then after a bit of editing, then the next video will be out! It will include a burnout and drifting!