2019 - Ultimate Yard Kart

karl

Reaction score
It’ll also get rid of my problems with stalling on certain slopes/angles/turns. Plus, ya know, it’s gonna have that vintage look!!:cool:

Yeah, when I had a tillotson and 5hp flathead on the snowbike, I was cruising down a trail.
the ski caught, and I got catapulted over the bars, the bike did a barrel roll or two, and was still idling,
waiting for me to get back on :thumbsup: Don't care what angle it's at.

Should look awesome!

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Wooot! Just ordered a BEAUTIFUL CNC intake manifold from EC Carburetors! Should look sick and go like stink! Plus it'll be a direct bolt up!

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Ok.......for the record I've taken a break lately from the Hothead, mostly because I realized that the Tillotson swap will entail more than I initially thought, BUT also because I have a big project coming up this next week that I consider very significant and "the next step" in my karting adventures(don't worry, I'll post it on the forum!).
This is where the Hothead sits at the moment, as you can see I've gotten the whole setup bolted on (the silicone plug on the vac port is temporary, don't worry I'll thread a bolt in there eventually), and while it looks fine, the current exhaust header blocks the throttle linkage from moving.
Also I realized the throttle cable bracket is intended to go on a head bolt, so that means popping the head to install the throttle!

So basically at the moment this means I need to make or buy a new header (sad, because I really love the sound and design of this current one), and even then, there'll be plenty of bugs to work out. I still don't know if this carb needs a rebuild, I still haven't put gas in it.

BUT, in the meantime, it looks pretty sick so far with the EC Carburetors fuel cap and billet intake! :wai:

Attachments

• Tilly3.jpg
    Tilly3.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 5

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Wow it was so fun doing some snow burnouts with the Hothead! It actually started FIRST PULL three times in a row when it was 18 degrees Fahrenheit out! This thing left some serious rubber marks!

Attachments

• 20210214_161946.jpg
    20210214_161946.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210214_161939.jpg
    20210214_161939.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4