Newbie Yerf Dog 30032 Need Advice

BSR#2

Reaction score
@goflight2
Use 1 zip tie to hold it on, with enough wire hanging to wrap 6-8 tight coils around plug wire, then 2nd zip tie to hold the end of the wire. Like this
Screenshot_20230530_213044_Gallery.jpg

BSR#2

Reaction score
Lol. You running 35 mph only at 4k. Your butt gonna be hauling the mail, when we get that 7" driven, flywheel, timing, and carb on.

Its red, cas you need to set alarm up higher. Read instructions when you get a chance. There's a bunch of stuff that tach can do. You gotta hold both buttons to turn it off, kinda sux.

Lmk, when when you wanna turn gov up a lil.

goflight2

Reaction score
Quick brake question. Where the bolt goes through the frame, it has a small bend that is leaving the bolt at an angle, resulting in the band not lining up with the drum. Any ideas would be welcomed!

Attachments

• IMG_6232.jpeg
    IMG_6232.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6233.jpeg
    IMG_6233.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6234.jpeg
    IMG_6234.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6235.jpeg
    IMG_6235.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Quick brake question. Where the bolt goes through the frame, it has a small bend that is leaving the bolt at an angle, resulting in the band not lining up with the drum. Any ideas would be welcomed!
Take it off, if the bolt is loose tighten, get back to us.

BSR#2

Reaction score
Take the nut off,
slide the band off the bolt
Put nut back on til threads almost sticking out of nut

Find a deep well socket to fit nut, with extension

Slowly and easily, pry up til it gets straight.

If it snaps, then off to the hardware store we go.

Looks like its bout time for a new brake band.

Measure outside diameter of brake drum before ordering, then order 2 brake bands. It's nice to have spares on hand.

BSR#2

Reaction score
What's rpm??? Looking for a lil rpm gain here.

It's probably gear bound.

That 224 makes more torque then the stock ohv tec engine. It don't need really big rpm to move the same weight as the smaller tec engine did.

Make sense???? 😂 it will.

More torque means, less gear. Less gear, means more mph

That's ez fix. Just go bigger on the jackshaft sprocket. 👍

BSR#2

Reaction score
That's what I was looking for!!!!!

You are gear bound, fine sir.

Now, the question is.......what is your goal mph.

Be honest with yourself. Look very closely at your, steering, brakes and all the other things that can fail at speed and make you......DEAD.

I'm really being serious here.

BSR#2

Reaction score
@goflight2
We gonna do some more testing & tuning today, or take a break???

With that extra 600 rpm you found, I gotta recommend you get that aluminum flywheel and key on asap, or you will end up with something like this. This will make for a bad day, with the time and money you have invested.

I turn those stock cast iron flywheels to 4200 rpm, but for only 2-3 seconds. I just don't trust em. They bad for your health, imo.

Screenshot_20230601_160326_Chrome.jpg