Newbie Yerf Dog 30032 Need Advice

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Makes sense. Just picked up engine!
Here's some things I use.

This will be for tuning. You need to know where you are at , so you know which way to go. Or where to stop??

These will HELP keep metal off of those important moving parts. Especially, during break in. Your oil won't turn black so fast with these.

This is not necessary at the moment. It eliminates the "timing retard" the stock coil has. Better acceleration also. Pick your own color. Pricey, but well worth it to me, I have verified this with a dial back timing light. Will work really good with that new flywheel set at 28*.

Dont let any body talk you into those stage 1,2,3,4 magical, hocus pocus, bs kits. You won't need half that useless crap.

Lmk when you get ready to break it in.
NO LONG IDLE TIME DURING BREAK IN. and must be bolted down.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Do you break in on the bench? Was planning on putting in kart.
Oh yea, the kart is fine.

I've broke the mounting ears off blocks by let em run on the concrete. It's not pretty and very oily.

While you pulling that motor, grap some measurements.

Jackshaft O.D.
driven pulley O.D.
tire height.
teeth count on both sprockets.

These will be useful, IF......you need a gear change.

Check, clean and inspect the driver, jus incase you do need a new one.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Super dumb questions..
What do you mean by inspect the driver?
That funny looking guy holding steering wheel, and eating cranyons. Flip him upside down and inspect him, 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣

The "driver" is the small pulley of the t/c, bolted to the crank shaft.

Take the outer shell, lay it on a flat surface and make sure it not bent.

Post pics inside and out.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
I ordered new tires, any advice on where to take them to have them put on? I would imagine it would be tough getting them on myself. Would a regular tire shop do it? They are single piece wheels.
They can do it. Best to drop em off and pick up another day.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
HAHA, just looked them up, I see where they go now!
You crazy 🤪 😜 🤣 😂 😳 man!!!

You don't even ask, why, when or where, lol 😆 😂 🤣 😅, you jus order stuff, 🤣 😂 😆 😏

Keep them old parts. I'm sure you will be draggin something else home.
We all do. It gets ridiculous, sometimes.

Save that old tec engine too, somebody might wanna do a restore, and that came on alot of different karts. I'd say ain't much wrong with it.

And I ain't gonna recommend anything else, I'm jus tell you to order it 😆 😂.

goflight2

Reaction score
Project moving along! Does anyone know what this is? I had to remove the bracket it was held in place by in order to get the engine to fit. Not sure if it's something I can remove or just zip tie it somewhere else. I am in CA, btw. Thinking it might be some sort of emissions thing.

Attachments

• IMG_6127.jpg
    IMG_6127.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 9

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
You might need it for Cali. Better check. But it's not necessary to run the engine.
Project moving along! Does anyone know what this is? I had to remove the bracket it was held in place by in order to get the engine to fit. Not sure if it's something I can remove or just zip tie it somewhere else. I am in CA, btw. Thinking it might be some sort of emissions thing.