What did you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Yeah, the snapring holds the bearing in the wheel, but there is also a spacer between them... hers a pic of the jack shaft on the Fox frame I just got.

Heres a set of 10 for $17 shipped. With a name like USAbearings youd think they sell USA made bearings... but given the price...

Attachments

• IMG_4199.jpg
    IMG_4199.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 3

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
I'm really sick. I need help.

Couldn't pass up a 2-fer deal on 3.5 and 5 horse B&S flattys. Both of the vintage style I would guess with the older style carbs. The 3.5 runs as-is but will reportedly eventually stall out. The other has fantastical compression like the runner, but some steroid-addled Hercules must've yanked the rope all the way out. Seller said it'll probably fire up too.

Look, it's a double decker rototiller! :D

The tiller body seems ready to go as well but I have no desire for it. Could probably sell it back, engineless, on the CL as a DIY roto-tiller--just add a Predator.

It was a no-brainer. They're Briggs, cheap asking price and easy to fix up and keep or flip.

Attachments

• Briggs CL 1.jpg
    Briggs CL 1.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Briggs CL 2.jpg
    Briggs CL 2.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Briggs CL 3.jpg
    Briggs CL 3.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Briggs CL 4.jpg
    Briggs CL 4.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Briggs CL 5.jpg
    Briggs CL 5.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 6

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
^^^Looks good.

I saw a home made mini chopper frame and forks in the scrap pile yesterday... if its still there monday Im gona grab it. Had suspension on the forks.

I did get these though... bout 6in. $1
I know its slim... but I wonder what the chances that brake rotor will fit that minibike wheel... no good. Ill have to make an adapter if I use it.

Attachments

• IMG_4263.jpg
    IMG_4263.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 1

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Well the homemade chopper was still there... but it was way up in the pile out of reach. But there was some old sears lawn tractor parts laying there...

3 speed hi/lo transaxle. 75lbs, $19.

There was some plow parts, deck parts and a front axle... If they are there tomorrow Im gona get em.

Attachments

• IMG_4301.jpg
    IMG_4301.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4300.jpg
    IMG_4300.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4299.jpg
    IMG_4299.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 2

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
You are the Junk Man, B.M.

What are your plans for the tranny?

Sounds like you (like me) sorely need a pick-'em-up truck. Get everything at once, all efficient and purposeful like. :p

* You oughta pan that camera of yours upwards and get a nice panoramic view of that thar dump. Crop and edit as usual so no sensitive info is divulged. Place sounds like Mecca.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Hehehe... :D

It will be spare parts for now. Might try to sell the hubs.

Ehh... I dont always find treasures there. They move stuff pretty quick.
I might buy something 1 in 3 visits... there is a 5hp briggs Ive been thinking about the past couple trips. :roflol:

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Well there goes $50... I hope it was worth it! :roflol:

I dont think there is enought to make both plows complete, but looks like I might get 1 functional unit with some additional homebrew rigging.

The red plow does have a hole rusted through it, but the other looks to be pretty good.

Looks like some deck mount parts might match one that I have, if so, I can swap the magled parts from the one I already had.

Front axle that matches my st/10.

Attachments

• IMG_4310.jpg
    IMG_4310.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4308.jpg
    IMG_4308.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4307.jpg
    IMG_4307.jpg
    709.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4305.jpg
    IMG_4305.jpg
    762 KB · Views: 4

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Well this thing is supposed to run. For $15. 8hp Tec.

Anyone know what for gears these things have? Ive never had one to look at.... gearbox? Variable speed pulley? Both?

Attachments

• IMG_4490.jpg
    IMG_4490.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4491.jpg
    IMG_4491.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4492.jpg
    IMG_4492.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 1

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Well, carb and gastank off a jacobson yt 16 garden tractor. Come off a 16hp Kohler. Ide like to get the engine, bit itd be another $30-35... aaaaand it looks like some nincompoop welded the engine directly to the frame. :ack2:

Water in the tank, but it should clean up sooner or later...

Attachments

• IMG_4590.jpg
    IMG_4590.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 1

Goat

Retired for the grandkids
Reaction score
Got this 2006 Harley xl1200 custom on Craigslist for $4500. Only 20000 miles with stage 2 mods. Strait pipes with baffles, mini apes, an small saddle bags. The lucky part is it was only 1 mile from where I live.

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 10

anickode

Reaction score
Well this thing is supposed to run. For $15. 8hp Tec.

Anyone know what for gears these things have? Ive never had one to look at.... gearbox? Variable speed pulley? Both?

Snowblowers are all over the place with drive mechanisms. Most common seems to be an auxiliary PTO off the camshaft, so it runs half the speed and reverse rotation. That in turn runs to a friction disc drive mechanism.

Some are more robust, with a small peerless box for the gear reduction.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Got this 2006 Harley xl1200 custom on Craigslist for $4500. Only 20000 miles with stage 2 mods. Strait pipes with baffles, mini apes, an small saddle bags. The lucky part is it was only 1 mile from where I live.
I just don't get the super skinny front tires on some of these bikes. :huh:

Goat

Retired for the grandkids
Reaction score
I just don't get the super skinny front tires on some of these bikes. :huh:

Just for marketing and appearance. It looks good and sells more bikes for HD. Back in the days of the pan head, the movie easy rider, the wheelbase of the big Harley's was 61", the same as modern era sportststers. Harley keeps building bigger and heavier bikes with higher prices to stay afloat. I have owned 15 bikes over the last 55 years. BSA,triumph,matchless,Kawasaki, Honda,Yamaha,Suzuki,Harley and I have to say, even though I have always thought that Harley's were not up to par with the jap bikes as far as quality and reliability goes, riding them was the most enjoyable of any I owned. I can't explain it. The Harley mystique they say.:wai:

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
So the sump was indeed welded to the frame... infact, this seems to be a special part thats for the Jacobsen tractors... the front axle pivot is cast into the sump aswell... :ack2:

Now what id like to know, these kohler k engines... are parts ( sump!) interchangeable? Like say between a 12 and 16hp?

Attachments

• IMG_4599.jpg
    IMG_4599.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4600.jpg
    IMG_4600.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4601.jpg
    IMG_4601.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 3

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
C'mon you toads, surely Im not the only one blowing my hard earned $$$!

For a grand total of $22!

10.5hhp briggs recoil start and a peerless 700 5 speed.

Attachments

• IMG_5025.jpg
    IMG_5025.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5026.jpg
    IMG_5026.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.