What did you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texan

Senor Member
Reaction score
Great score Hellion! I like OfferUp a lot. I've gotten some good deals on there, including my $40 mini motorcycle. There is also similar apps called LetGo and 5Miles, but i prefer OfferUp.

Bubba_Z

Bubba_Z
Reaction score
^^^^Envy^^^^^
there is another local selling site called "Letitgo"
Nice find

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
I like it Hellion. Looks pretty solid yet.

It's about time you joined the other side. :welcome2:

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

There is also similar apps called LetGo and 5Miles, but i prefer OfferUp.
I can't get any of those sites, I ain't got no walk into a pole phone, which makes people walk into phone poles and stuff.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
The bike has already succumbed to what seems like OCD or just me cleaning off decades of a tenacious caked-on dirt and oil mix.

Those sites are found on the interwebz, they're not just apps. Better not stray off the reservation though--it's not safe out there.

Hellion

Reaction score
I've been on a mad buying spree, I admit.

BBQJoe is the mini bike pace setter and ambassador here lately and I guess his Pixie Dust finally rubbed off on me. I got that Rupp Continental as mentioned a few posts up but then I knew I eventually had to be like Joe and experience true mini riding on one of those exalted Baja mini motorcycles...

This is the economy stripped model, sans fenders, headlight and kickstand. Economy Briggs engine option for the no-frills set. Can't complain too much, it's in otherwise good condition and figured it was worth at most $150. :D

Dig that ghetto-rigged chain guard, homies. Nuthin' but the best!

Attachments

• Baja 2.jpg
    Baja 2.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Baja 4.jpg
    Baja 4.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 14

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Seen worse for more.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

New tires, new seat, a fresh Rotaderp, a TC, fresh bearings, good to go baby!

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Nice score Hellion! I want one!

But ill have to settle for these... for now... :D

They were in the back of a jeep at the scrap yard. The recoil seemed to work, the housing is in pretty good shape. Gas tank seems to be pretty good too. Didnt look all rusty.
$1.

{EDIT} OK, so the gas tank is right side up on my computer.

Attachments

• IMG_4123.jpg
    IMG_4123.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4124.jpg
    IMG_4124.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 2

Bubba_Z

Bubba_Z
Reaction score
I can't get any of those sites, I ain't got no walk into a pole phone, which makes people walk into phone poles and stuff.

Doesn't take a phone....Went to Daytona 500, spent the day in the infield watching old men carrying plates full of open top beers walking into Winnebagos looking at Bikini tail. Funniest thing I ever seen.
It was better then the race.

Hellion

Reaction score
The sickness is pervasive, isn't it? BM just keeps on scavenging more and more stuff. ..:worried2::cornut:

I think I'm done with acquisitions for now, at least anything with wheels. For a few seconds after getting that bike (I shudder to call it mini), I shook my head a few times at myself and sighed.

It was short lived because I then remembered all the fun this thing should provide. It's a substantial machine too. Much bigger than I initially thought.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
The sickness is pervasive, isn't it? BM just keeps on scavenging more and more stuff. ..:worried2::cornut:

I think I'm done with acquisitions for now, at least anything with wheels. For a few seconds after getting that bike (I shudder to call it mini), I shook my head a few times at myself and sighed.

It was short lived because I then remembered all the fun this thing should provide. It's a substantial machine too. Much bigger than I initially thought.

I am still very proud and happy for you my son.

wax

Reaction score
Bought a big pile of junk for $50

All I wanted was the yellow frame. Ended up being bigger than I thought. When I arrived he threw in the pocket bike w/ motor, backpack blower and chainsaw for another $20.

Blower starts on first pull and runs great. Maybe it will just stay a blower...

No clue what to do with the pocket bike. It has a small (maybe 39-49cc) engine with it, but it's missing the pull start and the carb.

One more thing. The mini chopper frame has never had an engine on it. Originally though it was custom built, but it has a serial number...

Ebrownie

Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up a brand new never used 12 ton bottle jack, same one that sells for $30 bucks at HF. Got it for 10 bucks at a yard sale.

Apparently it works in horizontal and vertical positions, so that's why it's on its side :D

Attachments

• IMG_4092.jpg
    IMG_4092.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 1

Hellion

Reaction score

Before I realized you were joking I was about to give you a pat on the back--you can indeed use bottle jacks sideways to move stuff apart, push bent frames back to true and do basic collision repair on a vehicle...

wax

Reaction score
Alright this is my last purchase before I start building something new. Seriously. I mean it this time.

I got this 1986 Fourtrax 125 for $80 and the pocket bike (as seen in the pile of junk I bought above)

The pull start is present and recoils, but needs some work and the gear-shifter is missing in action.

Hellion

Reaction score
Cool beans. ^

This isn't a local garage sale find but I feel like I made off like a bandit--10 pack of sealed 5/8" ID ball bearings for $9.95 shipped. That's under a buck a piece! These can be up to $4-$5 a piece and some vendors make you feel like they're doing you a favor at that price. This was an auction where they surely intended it to be a bidding war but I was the sole bidder.

:wai:

VXB Ball Bearings out of Anaheim, CA; seller is called irvineman.

A bit more blingy than the usual type with the black rubbery seal...

Attachments

• China-Products-low-price-bearing-6312-rz.jpg
    China-Products-low-price-bearing-6312-rz.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 3

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
1 3/8in OD? I could use some like that for my scrap yard mini bike... though the bearings it had have a snap ring... but still.

Chinese I assume?

Hellion

Reaction score
1 3/8in OD? I could use some like that for my scrap yard mini bike... though the bearings it had have a snap ring... but still.

Chinese I assume?

Yes, the usual standard bearings with 1 3/8" OD that we all use. I've never understood the need for the snap ring but I guess it prevents bearing "fall through" if there's nothing for the bearing to sit on inside the wheel?

I think this outfit might have the snap ring type but maybe not often in a similar auction, quantity, and 9.95 starting bid.

These have KONLON stamped into the seal along with the model number. Chinese indeed.

I hate people who say that!
I may have to defriend you now.:roflol:

We're friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.