What did you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
What's your plans for those derelict mowers? I can dig those old-school tractor/mowers though. Good fixer-uppers.

This recently followed me home.
1968 Kaiser Willys CJ5.

Came with a deck and plow for each tractor. The st10 Ill fix up and use it to mow. The suburban... Im not sure. Like to try to get the deck and plow for it assembled and functioning then try and pawn them off.

CJ are junk. Please send it to me for proper disposal!
Thats cool. Looks in decent shape too?

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
I bought another #2500 Badlands winch...

Now that I have something to put one of those things on, I've been eyeing them with mixed desire.

I'm also a purist so I hesitate with items from China Freight and would seek out something long-established and U.S.A. made--like a Warn winch.

...The st10 Ill fix up and use it to mow. The suburban... Im not sure...

CJ are junk. Please send it to me for proper disposal!
Thats cool. Looks in decent shape too?

The ST10 looks viable but the Suburban looks like you only have half of it.

The CJ5 is in decent shape for 48 years old but that's not saying a whole lot. Engine's good though (a factory option Buick 225 c.i. V6) and the Jeep's mostly original which is quite unusual. Needs a clutch badly though. It can barely move. :p

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Now that I have something to put one of those things on, I've been eyeing them with mixed desire.

I'm also a purist so I hesitate with items from China Freight and would seek out something long-established and U.S.A. made--like a Warn winch.

The ST10 looks viable but the Suburban looks like you only have half of it.

The CJ5 is in decent shape for 48 years old but that's not saying a whole lot. Engine's good though (a factory option Buick 225 c.i. V6) and the Jeep's mostly original which is quite unusual. Needs a clutch badly though. It can barely move. :p

It came in pieces, but all the important parts are there. I think it will make for an off-roader-mudder-thing. I have an 18hp Onan twin if it runs Ill see if I can stick it on there somehow.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Liberated this gas tank from the scrap yard. $1.

Had I had more $$, would have gotten a locked up 8hp briggs, blowed up 5hp briggs, and a 3 or 3.5 Tec.... What a tragedy.... :roflol:

Attachments

• IMG_3570.JPG
    IMG_3570.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 3

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
What? no pictures? :toetap05:

Went back to the scrap yard. Got some tow hooks off a jeep, and that blowed up 5 hp briggs. $25...

Aside from being blowed up, this engine looks like it was pretty nice shape before it got thrown and bashed around.

There was this jeep up there... A quick patch job on the passenger front fender. Other than that, this thing was pristine. Its the fancy model, sunroof, leather seats, special radio... interior was immaculate, cept for a couple cigarette butts in the coin tray...

I cant believe what people throw out. All for $250?? Gahh...

Better shape than what I drive... STUPID people...

Attachments

• IMG_3594.JPG
    IMG_3594.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3591.JPG
    IMG_3591.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3592.JPG
    IMG_3592.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3593.JPG
    IMG_3593.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3589.JPG
    IMG_3589.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3588.JPG
    IMG_3588.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 7

Hellion

Reaction score
Wait did you get the WJ in that price too?

Yeah. His statements are a bit misleading.

Walking through scrapyards is often a tragic experience when you see vehicles with no visible damage left there to rot. Cars are disposable to most of the masses. The fix-it crowd is a small, small minority now.

What's "blown up" about the Briggs? Kicked around a bit with cosmetic damage? Big deal.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Err yeah. Some dork sold it for junk... and the yard doesnt sell whole vehicles. If I recall, autos are around $80 a ton... that jeep wouldnt have gotten them $200! those idiots...

Im giving some thought to sitting down there with $500 or $600 and when something nice comes in, flash a few hunnerd dollar bills and make a deal.... :idea2:

Im fairly certain there is some chunks rattling around inside the thing. Something is keeping it from turning over, its not seized it turns slightly. It was upside down in the pile, the oil coming out of it looked fairly fresh for what thats worth...

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
I already started a thread but im real happy and sad at the same time for these two mini bikes. Paid $315

probably going to put a couple hundred back into them to get fully operational. I still think a good deal.

Also looking back at the top of this thread. I really miss my Honda XL..... :(

If i find one im selling these and getting it! Love the Honda XL Enduros

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 74

Keystone Motorsports

But who was phone?
Reaction score
Bought a whole bunch of stuff to make a cargo carrier out of an inner-bed truck box and a carrier I made for my DB30. Got a 500 mile one way trip coming up and need all the space I can get.

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Reaction score
Well, got this '63 SnapOn Box and Roller case from the local scrapyard. Had to leave patch on the way out since it's illegal to take metal from a recycling yard but it was worth it.

Next was yet another free score was this trailer I found off in the woods. Wood was free from my shop but so far I've hauled a LOT more with it than my other ones. Perfect motorcycle trailer.

Next one is a Manco Scorpion I picked up for somewhere under $100. Had a new engine on it, new tires, and new seat. Still use it as a yard-kart and it troops on everyday. Also does awesome snow skids.

Attachments

• 0406170343.jpg
    0406170343.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 5
  • 0330171758.jpg
    0330171758.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 0330171759a.jpg
    0330171759a.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 0118171137.jpg
    0118171137.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 5

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
^^Man, the things I see at the scrap yard boggle my mind... some people need slapped!

Anywho, got a new... uhh, toy?
$15.

Pretty sad looking, but solid enough for some shenanigans. Rear wheel is mangled, front wheel mounted crooked, seat was "reupholstered" by some nincompoop, and I assume the same nincompoop welded the handle bars to the forks.

Attachments

• IMG_4017.JPG
    IMG_4017.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4019.JPG
    IMG_4019.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4018.JPG
    IMG_4018.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 3

Hellion

Reaction score
Cool score, B.M. you lucky dog.

Also looking back at the top of this thread. I really miss my Honda XL..... :(

If i find one im selling these and getting it! Love the Honda XL Enduros

I know how ya feel, bro. That one is my first little trail bike but I've had a long experience with Honda bikes through the years. My best friend had a Honda XL 'something' in HS. My brother has an XR200, I think, in various states of repair because he rides it a lot and just Honda motorcycles of any type seems to turn up.

I keep looking on Craigslist and that new feature on Failbook, forgot what it's called.

Hellion

Reaction score
...Anywho, got a new... uhh, toy?
$15.

Pretty sad looking, but solid enough for some shenanigans. Rear wheel is mangled, front wheel mounted crooked, seat was "reupholstered" by some nincompoop, and I assume the same nincompoop welded the handle bars to the forks.

Thanks for the telling pics. I searched the web for the name written on the back of the seat; dynamark. A familiar maker of riding lawnmowers, matter of fact.

I turned up all kinds of hits for Fox/Dynamark minibikes. :cheers2:

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a Fox Thunderbolt that has a very similar seat, same shape, same printing of Dynamark on the back. The gas tank mounting brackets are the same that made me wonder if it was the same brand, but I dont know maybe lots of minibikes are like that.

So I got the old chain off. Progress man! :D

Bubba_Z

Bubba_Z
Reaction score
So, a 8 month old thread that refuses to die. I love it! It is so nice to find a deal, but if you can't brag about it, your just sitting in your chair giggling and nobody knows why. (makes you look crazy):bannana:
Got his in today from ebay $187 free ship. called Bully, they said it is a modified Jr 2 disk. They said people buy a clutch, take it apart and coat the parts with some magical solution (Prevents rust) and they claim it wears slower....then they sell it for 4-5-600 $$$ to suckers that buy snake oil. Anyway, Air gap spec was dead on new, plates are new (Coated) Giggling in my chair......Parts for these are very reasonable.
Got retainer bolt, washers, shims and 6 black springs for $15 +ship.

Attachments

• IMG_6851.jpg
    IMG_6851.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 1

Hellion

Reaction score
Vintage Mini-Bike

I was doing my usual trolling around on CL for various engine-powered things. I surfed outward to google to research a particular dirt bike I found, a Kawasaki, etc. and a few hits turned up on some place called OfferUp, a site I've never used.

I found this in a local ad for $100 and I offered $70 through the site and got replies in seconds (the site has online messages, like a chat function). We agreed on $75 and I had the bike after about roughly 45 minutes total of online negotiations and to/from travel. Best, most fastest (internet) transaction ever.

Blows away the flaky people and flaky deals on Craigslist.

It's one of those exalted vintage brands... but the seller knew zilch about it.
5 horse Briggs which starts on first pull and is basically functionally complete but the throttle cable sticks.

Attachments

• My minibike.jpg
    My minibike.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.