Streaker S465 live axle resto

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
IMG_3253.jpeg
Cartin’ ‘round a kart :innocent::devil2:

@Hellion, your rebel have a brake return spring? Not bracket nor any evidence of one or a way to mount a return spring. Just checking with the only ‘rebel’ owner here.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
View attachment 139277
Cartin’ ‘round a kart :innocent::devil2:

@Hellion, your rebel have a brake return spring? Not bracket nor any evidence of one or a way to mount a return spring. Just checking with the only ‘rebel’ owner here.
The break return spring gets installed on the pedal rod and is locked to the rod with a very small locking collar. or At least that is how my kenbars were. I’ll get pics tomorrow.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
It’s time for new front hub bearings, these don’t spin well anymore. Absolutely no good. 5/8 internal, 1&3/16 OD.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
See if Oregon sells them? I’ll look I guess there the best? I never heard of them until awhile back my buddy mentioned “Oregon bearings”
I don't know all about the bearings, if it says high speed and it's from a reputable kart site it should be good. I'll look into the Oregon bearings.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
I don't know all about the bearings, if it says high speed and it's from a reputable kart site it should be good. I'll look into the Oregon bearings.
You will need go to TS to the hardware section and buy some axle sleeves. There in a pull out drawer marked thick wall axle spacers. and you will need to put two of them inside of each front wheel hub. Or use two and grind to a perfect fit. Just cut your own piece of pipe to perfect length?. If you do not have these inside the hubs kiss your bearings goodby. I think it was denny who made me come to the realization that these are a necessity in another thread. I used two inside a standard open wheel drive hub from an open axle kart so I can only assume your’s would need two also. Don‘t hold me to that though.FF1CA8C9-0D56-46A5-8E90-ABE79EEB0B22.jpeg

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
The spacers you show are great! The bearings though are junk for karts! But will work great in carts.
You will need go to TS to the hardware section and buy some axle sleeves. They’re in a pull out drawer marked thick wall axle spacers. and you will need to put two of them inside of each front wheel hub. Or use two and grind to a perfect fit. Just cut your own piece of pipe to perfect length?. If you do not have these inside the hubs kiss your bearings goodby. I think it was denny who made me come to the realization that these are a necessity in another thread. I used two inside a standard open wheel drive hub from an open axle kart so I can only assume your’s would need two also. Don‘t hold me to that thought. Re

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Gettin’ some things done. Ima workin’ on getting the paint off of it. Bar stools happen to make great kart chassis stands, for removing paint. They might get used when adding it back, too. IMG_3267.jpeg
I did as much as I can take in a day. I bought Jungle Store special wire wheels so it throws wires pretty often, leading me to wear full face protection and a heavy jacket… in 85 degree heat with %50 humidity.

IMG_3269.jpeg
Hmm, I don’t think tie rods are supposed to look like that… How do y’all bend ‘em back? I got me some ideas, but I assume some of you have seen and fixed many such as this.

Grizzlymi, I’ve gotten side tracked, will work on wheels soon.

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Reaction score
Man, I hear ya! Today was only 75 with 80% humidity and I was sweating my @ss off! Then that smoke from the Canada wild fires poured in. Looked like a gloomy haze since around 3pm. You can really smell too.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Hellion, your rebel have a brake return spring? Not bracket nor any evidence of one or a way to mount a return spring. Just checking with the only ‘rebel’ owner here.

Nope. No brake return spring. The band brake is its own return spring. No brackets are there for a return spring (or any remnants of one, that Bubba may have broken off) although that would have been nice for more positive on/off for the brake.

Pretty neat controls all the same. I like that the throttle is mostly a rod for 2/3rds of its length. More durable that way.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Nope. No brake return spring. The band brake is its own return spring. No brackets are there for a return spring (or any remnants of one, that Bubba may have broken off) although that would have been nice for more positive on/off for the brake.

Pretty neat controls all the same. I like that the throttle is mostly a rod for 2/3rds of its length. More durable that way.
Me too. It allows me to run a repurposed push-mower cable. Also, now all previous owners of my kart are named Bubba.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
......If you do not have these inside the hubs kiss your bearings goodby. I think it was denny who made me come to the realization that these are a necessity in another thread. I used two inside a standard open wheel drive hub from an open axle kart so I can only assume your’s would need two also. Don‘t hold me to that though.

View attachment 139326

That's interesting. I don't think my Ken Bar had spacers in the front wheel hubs. It's possible Bubba lost them or changed a tire and then threw them away long before I became the kart's current owner.

That photo you posted with the bearings may be something you found online but I must say that those are typically known as 'low precision bearings' for cart (not kart) use.

I don't think Bacon Bud needs flanged bearings either. Mine sit in the wheel hubs upon an internal flange (basically a ledge/lip) in the hub.
Don't hold me to it and I won't hold you to it either... :innocent:

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
That's interesting. I don't think my Ken Bar had spacers in the front wheel hubs. It's possible Bubba lost them or changed a tire and then threw them away long before I became the kart's current owner.

That photo you posted with the bearings may be something you found online but I must say that those are typically known as 'low precision bearings' for cart (not kart) use.

I don't think Bacon Bud needs flanged bearings either. Mine sit in the wheel hubs upon an internal flange (basically a ledge/lip) in the hub.
Yes I was not aware of the lip and you would want high speed non flanged bearings. doesn’t matter what bearing you use It has to have these sleeves. cranking the wheel nut till the wheel locks up then loosening it till it spins already wrecked the bearings so I’m told. replace them with high speed and get the spacers. it’s just easier and cheaper to do things right. I’m now waiting on non flanged high speed bearings from GPS

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score

My Streaker doesn't have spacers, but it sounds like a good "aftermarket" upgrade. My kart has (presumably) the original front tires. I cannot confirm this, but they are definitely original style, and most people just replace with whatever's cheap. Although knowing this kart's history it was owned by someone with multiple very nice karts before he died and the previous owner (who I will refer to as Bubba. Nice guy though, he showed me some cool karts, some a 60's kart! He'll be sent pictures when finished) bought it from the estate sale. The piece of the puzzle that makes me say original front tires is different from stock rear tires.