Streaker S465 live axle resto

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Reaction score
My Carter Bro's had a band brake and the brake itself acted as the return spring. I also added front wheel spacers. It helped get the front a little more on par with the rear spacing. Probably about 2" spacers on each side. I replaced the spindles on mine and the bolt was about 2" longer. I was going to just cut the new spindles done to factory length, but added the spacers at first and really liked the new look.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
What's up man? any progress on the beast?
I finished up cleaning the frame up, I just gotta order primer and paint then start painting. I'll be on vacation for a while so no progress for a bit. I haven't been feeling super motivated recently, maybe it is the heat. August was brutal. It's starting to feel better. Writing this is making me want to do some work on it...

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Come awn dude! There ain't no room for slackers here. Get with it. Winters on the way and you won't have the heat excuse.
BTW if you need some excuses PM me, I have a million.
You don't know what NC humidity is like! 🤪 😆
But seriously, two weeks ago, walk out doors, 2 minutes and yer sweating. Add in a mask, gloves, eye pro and you've got one heck of a combination.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
But seriously, two weeks ago, walk out doors, 2 minutes and yer sweating. Add in a mask, gloves, eye pro and you've got one heck of a combination.

I always like to remind myself how things were back in the 19th century or before central heat and air and all this comfort. Seems people were more acclimated to the weather and weren't as soft as people are today. Then again they did a buttload of work before sunup, quit work before the absolute hottest part of the day, had a luncheon and a nap maybe, then returned to work until they couldn't see to work in the dusk.

So take heart! You're softer than those real men and women of the 1890's! 😂

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I always like to remind myself how things were back in the 19th century or before central heat and air and all this comfort. Seems people were more acclimated to the weather and weren't as soft as people are today. Then again they did a buttload of work before sunup, quit work before the absolute hottest part of the day, had a luncheon and a nap maybe, then returned to work until they couldn't see to work in the dusk.

So take heart! You're softer than those real men and women of the 1890's! 😂
That sounds like me in the 1990’s!

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Reaction score

I hear ya man! The humidity sucked this summer. I can't handle it like I did when I was younger. If it's in the 80's outside, it feels like 100+ in my factory. After 10hrs in there, I don't have much motivation when I get home from work. :ROFLMAO::mad:

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
I hear ya man! The humidity sucked this summer. I can't handle it like I did when I was younger. If it's in the 80's outside, it feels like 100+ in my factory. After 10hrs in there, I don't have much motivation when I get home from work. :ROFLMAO::mad:
Watcha build there? Thread hijacks are encouraged and supported on my threads.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
IMG_3315.jpeg
Finally primed. It’s about as horrible a job as I expected for a first timer. Wet sanding tomorrow and possibly another coat. After that wait around awhile and paint. Most of the frame is covered, a few spots possibly missing, and the gas pedal assembly needs more attention.