• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Pfft, dream on Budget Spunkmeister.
You're not that important to me.;):D
I was gonna change it anyway.

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Hey, I forgot to mention that my dad brought home two Sears Roebuck and Co machines. One's a wood planer, and the others a wood shaper. I'll get some pics this weekend. That makes three Sears Roebuck machines for wood (we also have a table saw).

Texan

Senor Member
Reaction score
Welp, some people may have plain old trees in their yard, or boring grass, but we... we have a horse, a wild(ish) horse. Seriously, one of our neighbors horses got in our yard somehow. So, we have a code brown until whoever owns it comes to get it. Keep in mind it's 9:30pm here and the sun sets at about 6.

Something like this just happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was working outside, when out of the corner of my eye, I see shadow moving. I turn around and am faced with a big ol' bull staring me down. We don't have cattle, but a few properties near us do and we don't keep out gate closed.

I took out my phone to snap a pic, as you can see in the first pic he is just looking straight at me, then the second pic he has his head down...you know what happened next right? The SOB charged me :roflol:

Luckily I was right near the house, so I was able to run inside. That's when one my dog's, a little Boston Terrier, caught sight of it and chased it away :2guns: I was actually more scared that it would trample my dog more than anything else, but hightailed it down the driveway and out the gate.

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Ah, you let it get away. :( That thing would've made a dang good barbecue. Assuming you had an industrial size grill, and lots of friends.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I haven't had buffalo in like 14 years. Had it as a sandwich and it was done in a similar fashion to roast beef and it was really good.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, ya know, I've been in pretty bad shape lately. I've been getting better. I had a friend over, and I thought I would put something to the test. I laid down and got right back up.( wanted the friend there. In case I couldn't.

A week or two ago, I would fall down, and have to get assistance to get back up. Getting stronger every day!!!!

Hey man....good to hear you are feeling better

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
We made jack-o-lanterns!
Guess what mine is? :D:D:D
The Briggs and Stratton logo!:D:roflol:
Thought I'd show the trick or treaters how much I love Briggs!
Happy Halloween and STAY SAFE! :cheers2:

Attachments

• 20191028_204718.jpg
    20191028_204718.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 3

Kartorbust

Reaction score
We'll be having slippery roads for a bit, since we are getting dumped on with snow right now. Hopefully in December I'll be buying a driver pulley and belt, then buy the driven later on.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Something like this just happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was working outside, when out of the corner of my eye, I see shadow moving. I turn around and am faced with a big ol' bull staring me down. We don't have cattle, but a few properties near us do and we don't keep out gate closed.

I took out my phone to snap a pic, as you can see in the first pic he is just looking straight at me, then the second pic he has his head down...you know what happened next right? The SOB charged me :roflol:

Luckily I was right near the house, so I was able to run inside. That's when one my dog's, a little Boston Terrier, caught sight of it and chased it away :2guns: I was actually more scared that it would trample my dog more than anything else, but hightailed it down the driveway and out the gate.

View attachment 113124

View attachment 113125

Dude, that was your moment. And you ran away. This is not a story you will tell your grandkids.

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Well, I just found out my old edger is the oldest piece of lawn equipment I have. serial reads 4243b, which I was told on another forum means 4th year of decade, 243rd calendar day (august 31). And some other clues showed the engine was built on august 31st 1984. Now I can get her running hopefully over Christmas break.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Hahah! My Sears tiller has your "young 'un" edger licked! Built in '77!;)
Your edger is a little more than a year older than my HiPo.
My 3 HP may be even older, but I'll never know since it had a blower housing swap.
I'm sure someone will pop in soon with a 50s cast iron Briggs....:lolgoku:

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Hey, I never said it was the oldest thing in existence, only that it was the oldest engine I have. And are the engines you mentioned Briggs, Tecumseh or something else. Mine has a Tecumseh H30 (3 horse) with the original, pretty much everything but the missing air cleaner and the coil's bad.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
All of them are aluminum Briggs flatties.
5 HP on the tiller, my HiPo on the Hothead, and the 3 HP for the Radio rod.
Why do you ask? Looking for parts?

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
No, the only Briggs I have that needs parts is a junk ohv intek that needs too many (though the pressure washer pump that was hooked to it works like new). I'm not much of a Briggs fan myself. I have three Briggs engines, and only one of them runs. The other two are the aforementioned one which needs $108 of parts, and a push mower that keeps overheating. But I have been looking for a 5hp for a bit.

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Yeah, craigslist isn't that good in my area, and the newspaper classifieds suck. The good thing is that you can find push mowers and gc160 engines all day long, but they don't work on a gokart.

Nosandwich

The REAL Poboy
Reaction score
Well guys, got a little cat to replace Sammy. He spent almost all night last night in my lap, and when I had to use the restroom, he constantly cried! One of the reasons I mention this, is that the guy that gave it to me a couple of days ago, told me it was very antisocial.

I bought a pumpkin. This thing was $45, but I got it for $20. It's HUGE!!!!

I almost have all the parts to fix the Edge.