• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

Texan

Senor Member
Reaction score
Dude, that was your moment. And you ran away. This is not a story you will tell your grandkids.

Moment to do what exactly? :huh: Tango with the 4th deadliest Animal in the US, nah. :surrender:

https://www.businessinsider.com/deadliest-animals-us-dont-include-sharks-crocodiles-dogs-cows-2019-8

Or do what JS@PMS said, kill and grill it? That's cattle rustling, that'll get ya up to 10 years in the clink down here in Texas. Plus anyone ever butcher an animal? I've done goats, deer & hogs, and its a lot of work, couldn't imagine a 1500lb+ cattle.

Also, I ain't a thief :2guns:

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Nosandwich said:
Well guys, got a little cat to replace Sammy. He spent almost all night last night in my lap, and when I had to use the restroom, he constantly cried! One of the reasons I mention this, is that the guy that gave it to me a couple of days ago, told me it was very antisocial.

I bought a pumpkin. This thing was $45, but I got it for $20. It's HUGE!!!!

I almost have all the parts to fix the Edge.
Is it a black cat for Halloween??:lolgoku:
Ya got a POBOY PUMPKIN!:cheers2:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Moment to do what exactly? :huh: Tango with the 4th deadliest Animal in the US, nah. :surrender:

https://www.businessinsider.com/deadliest-animals-us-dont-include-sharks-crocodiles-dogs-cows-2019-8

Or do what JS@PMS said, kill and grill it? That's cattle rustling, that'll get ya up to 10 years in the clink down here in Texas. Plus anyone ever butcher an animal? I've done goats, deer & hogs, and its a lot of work, couldn't imagine a 1500lb+ cattle.

Also, I ain't a thief :2guns:
When I was like 4 or so, my dad's side of the family bought 8 pigs to butcher and yeah huge pain. That took up a lot of room. Can't imagine the size of equipment to handle a 3/4+ ton animal to be butchered or the amount of time to do it.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Well guys, got a little cat to replace Sammy. He spent almost all night last night in my lap, and when I had to use the restroom, he constantly cried! One of the reasons I mention this, is that the guy that gave it to me a couple of days ago, told me it was very antisocial.

I bought a pumpkin. This thing was $45, but I got it for $20. It's HUGE!!!!

I almost have all the parts to fix the Edge.

I'm glad you got a cat again. I find animals are great companions. (I tend to talk to my dog all the time :D :D)

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Trick-o-treatin'

Mwahahah....
After all of the trading and sorting, I ended up with a WICKED candy haul!
I actually wasn't planning to go trick or treating until the day of, but my mom wanted me to take my little sis out in our neighborhood, so I decided to slap together a last minute cowboy costume and get free candy!
All the stuff was stuff I already had, so it didn't look fake, since it was real stuff(Levi's and work boots).
And then after getting candy in our neighborhood for about 45 minutes, our dad drove us over to our grandparents' rich neighborhood! We hit the jackpot there! People were giving out full size candy bars and handfuls of the little stuff!
Then we got to come home and trade with each other and mom's leftover stash, so we got good Air Heads and Haribo gummies and the like.
It really was a happy Halloween!

Attachments

• 20191031_214758.jpg
    20191031_214758.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 5

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Mwahahah....
After all of the trading and sorting, I ended up with a WICKED candy haul!
I actually wasn't planning to go trick or treating until the day of, but my mom wanted me to take my little sis out in our neighborhood, so I decided to slap together a last minute cowboy costume and get free candy!
All the stuff was stuff I already had, so it didn't look fake, since it was real stuff(Levi's and work boots).
And then after getting candy in our neighborhood for about 45 minutes, our dad drove us over to our grandparents' rich neighborhood! We hit the jackpot there! People were giving out full size candy bars and handfuls of the little stuff!
Then we got to come home and trade with each other and mom's leftover stash, so we got good Air Heads and Haribo gummies and the like.
It really was a happy Halloween!

Nice!!!

We don't do the whole Halloween thing in SA. It just isn't a tradition here. There might be a Halloween party or something like that, but there is no trick or treating or that type of thing

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I havent been trick or treating in almost 20 years now. Last time I went, I came home with close to a pillow case and a half full of candy. Been too cold in the Midwest for the past 10 or 15 years for there to be trick or treaters. We use to get 100+ kids each Halloween.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Yeah, trick or treating seems to be fading in popularity.
I guess kids just want to play on their PS4s instead.
Half a pillowcase is about the max that I've ever gotten, even in the rich neighborhoods, less than 1/3 of the houses are giving out candy.
Ah well, still got a good haul! Next up: Thanksgiving!:D

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
I take my daughter out trick or treating. Been wearing the same costume for years: Welding helmet, welding bib (splattered in red paint for effect), welding gloves, hatchet in hand. Won $100 in the costume contest at work this year.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate Fiat and their stupid crap in American cars. Literally lost a day's worth of pay because of a stupid Dodge Dart. So I started a used car inspection on it yesterday and during the test drive a message would pop and say Park light malfunction, but only would happen intermittently. Pull the codes for it and started searching. So Alldata and our service library didn't tell me where the bulb location. Thinking I had to pull the front clip off the car, I told my service advisor and he told the salesman why and said go a head. Well, come to find out they decided to put access panels in the wheel wells to get to the lights. Pulled the side marker lights that were causing the issue and the previous owner had swapped out the incandescent for LED. A thing to note about the mass majority of FCA if the light bulb was incandescent, switching to LED causes the body control module to have a fit. It has to do with how much power is supposed to go and come from the bulb and if there is any variation that exceeds the standard, it throws a code.

So when I thought I had to pull the front clip off, I disconnected the battery and removed it from the vehicle. Well when I got everything back together, I plugged the scanner back in and the trouble code for the bulb was gone. Well 7 more codes came up. Well fast forward to pretty much end of my day and got it figured out. Turns out that if you pull a battery in a Fiat, it throws a hissy fit and you'll be banging your head thinking you'll have to replace the PCM. Nope had to have the electronic power steering system re-learn its parameters. It wouldn't have been so bad if I was still hourly, but nimrods in charged decided to put me on commission...working on vehicles is not as profitable as you may think it is, especially when you are commissioned...not worth it.

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Cars today are getting way too complicated and computerized. Like my dads truck, it's a 2016 Silverado 2500hd. Two days before were going on vacation one of the computers decides to quit, and the new part wouldn't be in for 5 days. So we end up towing our 11,000 pound RV from Hernando county to big pine key (about 450 mi.) without an abs system. Another reason to get a warranty that'll cover the truck until the payment is finished.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Cars today are getting way too complicated and computerized. Like my dads truck, it's a 2016 Silverado 2500hd. Two days before were going on vacation one of the computers decides to quit, and the new part wouldn't be in for 5 days. So we end up towing our 11,000 pound RV from Hernando county to big pine key (about 450 mi.) without an abs system. Another reason to get a warranty that'll cover the truck until the payment is finished.
Such warranties are stupid expensive as in several thousand dollars.

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Yes, but they can pay for themselves. For example, my dads boss has a newer top of the line ford f250 turbo diesel. Although he bought an expensive truck, he was too cheap to get the extended warranty. Well, shortly after the warranty expires the turbo blows up, and the repair cost more than the extended warranty would have. And if we didn't get a 6 year 120,000 mile warranty for the Silverado, it would already be out of warranty since it has 77,000 miles on it, and it would be up to us to pay for a new computer and the rest of the payment.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
The renovations are coming along slowly. Ceiling will go in tomorrow hopefully.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-11-12 at 08.20.35(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-11-12 at 08.20.35(1).jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-11-12 at 08.20.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-11-12 at 08.20.35.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 6

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So just a heads up Tapatalk users, uploading pictures to forums now are being limited on picture size, unless you pay for VIP membership. Looks like I'll be dumping the app soon.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
We have been having unusually heavy rains the last 2 weeks, so work on the flat slowed down a bit. The building contractor let me know on thursday that his guys didn't come to work because their houses had been washed away. Very sad. They live in one of the townships where houses aren't exactly stable.

They did manage to get the ceiling in at least

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 3