• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Actually I have my welding merit badge, which requires guess what??
Welding.:D

Last edited:

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
That truck probably rolled most of the way to your place on a railcar from Mexico, where the strangest things do happen. Some vagrant maybe needed some gas to cook his breakfast, or to sell to someone else. Are you sure they are drilled holes? Is it possible they are bullet holes? Nothing is out of the question here.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
That truck probably rolled most of the way to your place on a railcar from Mexico, where the strangest things do happen. Some vagrant maybe needed some gas to cook his breakfast, or to sell to someone else. Are you sure they are drilled holes? Is it possible they are bullet holes? Nothing is out of the question here.
The holes are right on top of each other with maybe a 1/16th of an inch space between them. If they were bullet holes, there would not be a nice dividing in the tank, it would be ripped and almost be like three holes. The plastic tank has drill bit marks that are easy to see in person. The truck had final assembly in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Only thing from Mexico was the 5.7L Hemi.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Started on the fuel tank swap on Monday. Started at about 2:50, thinking it shouldn't take too long to do it..Haha nope. Dropped the skid plate from the tank, an unnecessary cross beam, unhooking the fuel filler neck was a pain, 3 fuel lines off the fuel pump and the tank straps. During the redesign, FCA decided to put the charcoal canister on the fuel tank. Its held in by 2 plastic clips, nothing major, just a pain. But had to transfer that and the fuel pump to the new tank. Now one thing to keep in mind, for 2019 and up on the new body style trucks, there is an extra line going to the fuel pump from the tank that needs to be disconnected to pull the pump out. Its a bear, but doable. That line has to be reconnected to the fuel tank and fuel pump, otherwise it'll throw evap codes.

Once I got everything transferred over and snapped in place, had the tank back on our jack to help put it in place. The hose clamp worm screw is a 7mm or flathead screwdriver, it is not a standard head size just a heads up on that. All I have left to do on this dang thing is, tighten up the strap nuts, install the cross member, install skid plate, and fill it up with gas. I thought I had plenty of time, but once I got the nuts started for the tank straps, it went from 4:30 to 5pm fast.

The fuel tanks are light, but they are close to 6' long and are designed in such a way where they are awkward to move on your own, best to have a helper. Should be easier on the standard Ram 1500, since the Rebel is more off road oriented.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Hooray! On Monday the high is in the 70s here in Texas! I've been waiting for a temperature drop for a while now.
Once all the mosquitoes die off, I'll be spending lots of time tinkering on the porch and garage. :stir:
Build Off has less than 3 months left!

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I was trying to make my kart peel out on concrete again and it was hot! Something like 90!
This morning though, it's in the low 60s! :bannana:
Sweater weather!

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Yeah well, I had to scrape ice off of 2 vehicles for inspection. Supposed to be 72F today by like 4pm. Friday has a low of 30F...may need to wake up early to warm up the windshield.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah well, I had to scrape ice off of 2 vehicles for inspection. Supposed to be 72F today by like 4pm. Friday has a low of 30F...may need to wake up early to warm up the windshield.

Those types of cold temperatures are so foreign to me :D

28 F is about how cold it will ever get where I stay. Maybe a bit colder in some parts of SA, but not too much

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Well, this sucks. My parents are making me sell the Buick before I can get that truck from my uncle. I was really wanting to get it running over Christmas break. But these Lesabre's average a 150-200 day list time, without the bit of body damage that mine has. So I'm going to have to drop the price some, and on top of that my mom wants me to pay her back for the tax and tag from when we got the car (I was 13 at the time). So basically I'll be lucky if I break even. But if I'm going to end up paying my mom back more than I can get for the car, I may just pay her back from my mad money and keep it. And the coldest that I've ever seen around here is 27 degrees.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, this sucks. My parents are making me sell the Buick before I can get that truck from my uncle. I was really wanting to get it running over Christmas break. But these Lesabre's average a 150-200 day list time, without the bit of body damage that mine has. So I'm going to have to drop the price some, and on top of that my mom wants me to pay her back for the tax and tag from when we got the car (I was 13 at the time). So basically I'll be lucky if I break even. But if I'm going to end up paying my mom back more than I can get for the car, I may just pay her back from my mad money and keep it. And the coldest that I've ever seen around here is 27 degrees.

Well that sucks. Maybe you get lucky and someone wants to pay you more than it is worth. List it at a higher price and see how it goes. You can always bring the price down

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Yep, there's plenty of ugly on that paint. But the good thing is the po didn't do any prep, so the black spray paint comes off pretty easy.

Ha ha, I live on 10 acres with about 250 oak trees (ranging from 10ft to 60ft). So there isn't enough time in the world to rake our yard. But they're mostly in clusters, so there's plenty of bahia grass fields. Fun fact, my only two allergens are... oak pollen and bahia grass. I know we aren't suposed to talk about religion, but someone up there has one heck of a sense of humor.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
We have no trees in our yard. :D:D:D

*SELF MERGED*

Ugh, past few days have been pretty miserable. :ack2:
Caught a cold.
Wasp sting on my heel.
Sleep deprived.
The cold managed to REALLY plug up my nose. I was actually worried about suffocating in my sleep, but thankfully that didn't happen, since only one nostril was plugged.
Not fun at all though. :(
And lately I've been coughing and hacking a bunch, so ya, that's not fun.

Only upsides are that I get more time on here, and I got around to beginning the Raptor rod install!

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
We have no trees in our yard. :D:D:D

*SELF MERGED*

Ugh, past few days have been pretty miserable. :ack2:
Caught a cold.
Wasp sting on my heel.
Sleep deprived.
The cold managed to REALLY plug up my nose. I was actually worried about suffocating in my sleep, but thankfully that didn't happen, since only one nostril was plugged.
Not fun at all though. :(
And lately I've been coughing and hacking a bunch, so ya, that's not fun.

Only upsides are that I get more time on here, and I got around to beginning the Raptor rod install!

Wait till you get old.......