Project Stoopid!

Master Hack

Well-known member
Messages
4,376
Reaction score
7,052
Location
Mountain top Labratory
Are you sure the lack of grease isn’t causing the binding? Just a light coating on your balls when you assemble them may help you out!

( Puns and all innuendos implied. )
i’m sure. The opposite end works fine with dry balls!
Clearly the shop pixies have slipped in there and swapped some pieces around then. Better start setting traps.
Clearly!
 

Master Hack

Well-known member
Messages
4,376
Reaction score
7,052
Location
Mountain top Labratory
A funny thing happened today at the Mountain Top Labs.


In the video is a glympse of our new (patented) counter rotating brake rotors!
the operational aspects of this device is still secret. But l can tell yathey wotk fantastic.
Greatly reduced torsional stress on the alxe for smooth effortless braking
You can preorder now! call for info. (Look it up) if ya have to ask how much, don't borher!
 
Last edited:

Denny

Canned Monster
Messages
12,010
Reaction score
8,520
Location
Mayberry, Indiana
I noticed the brakes only counter rotate on one side. Is that normal. And you have too many wires. You need a weed eater to trim some of those wires back. Looks great otherwise with my good eye closed.
 

Master Hack

Well-known member
Messages
4,376
Reaction score
7,052
Location
Mountain top Labratory
I noticed the brakes only counter rotate on one side. Is that normal. And you have too many wires. You need a weed eater to trim some of those wires back. Looks great otherwise with my good eye closed.
I'm not at liberty to discuss the counter rotation details. I can say that rate of counter is variable and adjusted by the driver To suit conditions.
 

Master Hack

Well-known member
Messages
4,376
Reaction score
7,052
Location
Mountain top Labratory
I have had a coupla days off so l went to the scrap heap looking for inspiration.
l came across this forgotten gem. I cleaned it up a little in preparation for transfer to the MTL archives/muesuem.
mcCulloch model 99 chainsaw. Unknown vintage.
Ya gotta wonder how tough ya gotta be to hump this mofo around all day
IMG_5893.jpeg

Ya know its serious when the pull start rope is actually wire rope!

IMG_5904.jpeg

IMG_5903.jpeg
 

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Messages
1,435
Reaction score
1,186
Location
Michigan
Cleaned up and running, I bet that could fetch a pretty penny to fund some projects. If it was mine, I'd have to keep it but don't know where I would find the room to display it!
 

Master Hack

Well-known member
Messages
4,376
Reaction score
7,052
Location
Mountain top Labratory
They are not that rare 'round these parts. Fact is this state was famous for trees and those mean nasty men used to cut them down and make toothpics outta dem!
That was before the hippies from south came here......
Here l go again, sorry!
There are several local museuems round here and they all have one.
l tried to give itto a couple and both declined.
it needs parts that are impossible to find, i'm sure. I don't have the time, energy or interest to put innit.
it'll look good in the shop. l found a good spot.
l can find more excuses if necessary.
 
Top