Newbie Needs Advice

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Yes, yes they would. But will wear fast on the street. See, teach a man to fish and his worm is always in the water then!

Speedster

Reaction score
Yes, yes they would. But will wear fast on the street. See, teach a man to fish and his worm is always in the water then!
Thanks! I think I will go with those then. And I'll just replace the tires when they wear out. It shouldn't be too big of a problem anyways, because I will mainly be driving it on a dirt road. Most of the time, it is a really nice and packed hard. And just as it is getting almost like pavement, and all the little rocks have either been pushed down into the dirt or blown off the road, along comes the county dude in in his grader, even though the road totally doesn't need it. I think he just gets bored. :LOL:

Speedster

Reaction score
The 4x4” hubs are out there. Just continue the search. See why we don’t preach centrifugal clutches.
It blew my mind that the springs and assembly held out long enough to continue applying pressure all the way until the housing turned liquid.

Speedster

Reaction score
But it was not locking up to pull a load.
I am not saying that since it held up, I'm gonna get one! Obviously, it failed. Come to think of it, I guess any torque convertor/clutch would have failed if attached to a diesel and held stationary. Still, I wanna use a 40 series like you guys have recommended. I saw some tests that were torque convertor vs. clutch, and the convertor gave the kart SO much more torque. I just can't get over the price jump from a 30 series. (from $60 to $200) I know it is worth it, though. Where do yo guys get your comet belts?

Speedster

Reaction score
If anyone cares to take the time to look at it, I am putting links to all the major things I think I need to buy off Amazon. I don't blame anyone if they don't want to, it is such a long list. If you get through the list, and you have the time, could you possibly tell me if you think it will all work? I omitted the minor things, and the things I thought I could make. Thanks!
Back wheels: Back wheels
Live axle, 1" stepped down to 3/4": Axle
Axle parts/bearings kit: Kit
Axle chain sprocket: Sprocket
Back wheel hubs: Hubs
Front wheels: Wheels
Torque convertor: Convertor
Front wheel hubs/bearings: Hubs

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Not a fan of the 3 lug hubs and wheels but they will work. Infact all of it will work except for the rear axle. It needs to have a longer step down for the hubs.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
The length of step down does matter. It has to be long enough to accommodate the hubs and a washer and nut. BMI has probably the best deals on axles and spindles and hubs.

Reaction score
With my power wheels, I put cardboard behind the brake pads because they were worn down and didn’t even stop at all. I was scared but they worked great especially when a car pulled out in front of me and when I was going 40 and saw a cop

Speedster

Reaction score
You don’t need brakes 😂
No, I know I don't. You are correct. That is, 'till I come flying around a curve doing 40 and see the grader 15 feet in front of me. My obituary: "He was a person who worked on and loved machines all his life. Little did he know one would be the cause of his death, but if he had known, we are sure he would have chosen no other way to go. However, we all agree it would have been nice if it could have come at least 40 years later."