Newbie Needs Advice

Rat

Reaction score
I agree, now you’re getting it. Except t don’t know if the wheel hubs are going to play nice with the wheels. Look for the kind with the studs already mounted for the wheels with a 4”x4 bolt pattern. Also I don’t know how well the centrifugal clutch is going to play with the golf kart tires. Go with a 30 series TAV II kit from the jungle store.
It's not. Not without a major speed penalty. I know you know a TC is the only way to go for...

Big tires
Heavy rig
Stop and go conditions
Off road or hilly terrain

He'll learn it the hard way when that Hilliard turns red hot and either becomes glowing shrapnel or welds itself into a solid chunk

Speedster

Reaction score
It does have the step down from 1" to 3/4". I was initially thinking that axle would work with some keyed rims I already have, but come to find out, the hole in the rims is too small. Hence the golf cart wheels. 😡 As unbelievable as it seems, I think you have answered all my questions! I sure appreciate the help. No doubt, I will come up with more questions on the way, but for now, I think that's it! I will keep y'all posted, if you are interested. Thanks!

Speedster

Reaction score
It's not. Not without a major speed penalty. I know you know a TC is the only way to go for...

Big tires
Heavy rig
Stop and go conditions
Off road or hilly terrain

He'll learn it the hard way when that Hilliard turns red hot and either becomes glowing shrapnel or welds itself into a solid chunk

Great! It looks like I will continue on the current course of following Denny's advice.

Speedster

Reaction score
Cvt or engine?
Haven't blown my predator up yet so I can't say.
Cvt clones seem to have good reviews just don't use the free belt. Genuine comet all the way.
Cvt. You answered my question, thanks. From what I am hearing, I will definitely stick with comet belts. For an engine, I'll just pick one up off of Facebook. (and hope it works) Thanks!

Speedster

Reaction score
Now you’re getting with the program! You’re thinking for success without wasting money!
That's what I was futilely attempting to do before. I was just highly ignorant. You guys and some intense research fixed that! :bannana: 😲 To some small degree.
Now he just need to get a frame.
I am still 100% determined to make the frame myself! AARRGGHH! (😂)

Speedster

Reaction score
Ok, what on earth should I use for front wheels? Preferably, they would be larger and skinny, like wheelbarrow tires. Maybe that's not possible?

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
You will before I’m done with you! Remember everything is a system and they all must play nice with each other! Each and every component. You need to think like an engineer. Ship! I just threw up in my mouth again! I hate engineers.