Given A Manco

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Well the only thing on it is the wire that goes on the spark plug and the green wire. I saw this one guy fix his mower by unplugging the green wire and testing it cuz he had bad spark and it started right up.
And the kill wire is the little green one right? It is attached to a piece of metal on the engine. There is also two black wires attached to the metal on the engine and those are the two kill switch wires. Sorry I know nothing about anything electrical so I get dumbfounded by 2 wires.

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
kill wires, (2 black) cannot touch any metal or touch, and i beleive the green cord is grounded to the engine, idk unplug it and try

CaptCanadia

Reaction score

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Still no spark. Could it be the magnet on the flywheel? I thought they were suppose to be only about a business card width apart but this one is like a centimeter.

zeeman

Reaction score
Have you taken the flywheel off to see if the key is sheared or buggered up? That could be your problem, or it could be the air gap between the flywheel and coil. A business card is about right.
A coil can go bad, but it is not as likely as the other possible problems mentioned. If you take the coil to a lawn mower repair shop, they should be able to test it with their machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.