Given A Manco

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
it dosent matter which wire, but i can say that those kill switches malfunction regularly, and dont attach it to the handle bar mount as sometimes thats where things go wrong, try it with it just hanging first

Banditz

Reaction score
Hmm, if it has two then at one time it must have had another switch, Or a key. With that being said like kendel said, either will work just fine. Now, last thing.. have you got the engine started yet? You can always kill it by covering teh carb or throwing the choke on. I have been trying to read all this, but may have missed you saying you did.. If so I am sorry.

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
Hmm, if it has two then at one time it must have had another switch, Or a key. With that being said like kendel said, either will work just fine. Now, last thing.. have you got the engine started yet? You can always kill it by covering teh carb or throwing the choke on. I have been trying to read all this, but may have missed you saying you did.. If so I am sorry.

theres no spark, so hes trying to get the kill switch and all sorted out and check for spark when he finishes. trying to narrow down the reasons its not providing spark

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
I tried it with the kill in the on and off position with the spark plug pushed on the bolt head. I got no spark so does that mean its a bad spark plug?

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Don't rely on "pushing" the spark plug onto a bolt head. Unreliable ground. Grab the plug, and give 'er a tug.

Or, if you're kinda chickenish- get a foot of copper wire and strip about 3" of insulation off one end, and an inch off the other. Wrap the 3" around the threaded part of the spark plug TIGHTLY. Loosen a good bolt on the engine and wrap the 1" end around the bolt shank and tighten the bolt again. Now tug away and look for spark.

Banditz

Reaction score
Call me chicken then, I am a electricain and even though it's only a little jolt I simply don't like doing it if I can help it! LOL

For me the way i test is a #2 phillip's stuck in the spark plug boot held against a engine bolt with NO paint on it. You can have a friend pull the starter while you watch for spark.

odd's are it's just a plug as its fairly common. Mag's do go out..but not too too often. Plugs foul or go bad all the time if not tuned right or running right. If done correctly I have seen plugs be used for over ten years though too..all in the way you take care of your machine my friend.

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Just got the spark plug yesterday. I'll put some gas in there and see if it fires, but I have to find a gas tank.

And it is so freaking cold up right now. This is like the coldest part of SoCal and its 38 with 40mph winds. I know that's nothing to you east coasters, but I can't be out in that cold very long! :roflol:

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Okay I went out there and I poured some gas in there and put the new spark plug in..gave it a few yanks and nothing..seriously WTF...

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Well the flywheel is 100% rust and the thing on the flywheel(the magnet I think) has rust on it. Is the rust bad?

EDIT: the ground is attached.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Rust on the coil/magnet shouldn't be a problem, but go ahead and clean it up. Make sure the kill wire from the coil is not grounding out anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.