Given A Manco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Check for spark with your hand.
Insert a screwdriver into spark plug boot and rock flywheel back and forth with magnets under mag coil. Hold onto screwdriver shaft.
Should get a jolt. Don't worry, it won't kill you.

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Check for spark with your hand.
Insert a screwdriver into spark plug boot and rock flywheel back and forth with magnets under mag coil.
Should get a jolt. Don't worry, it won't kill you.

Ha ya right no thanks I'll just go spend 3 bucks and get a new one :roflol:

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
I'm quite serious.
Are you really that afraid? I just can't believe it.
I do it on a routine basis.
And suppose plug isn't bad?

Oh okay I thought I'd get a jolt that would knock me on my arse(bad experiences). I'll just put the plug on a head bolt and pull. Should do the same thing without a shock! :roflol:

I'm getting no spark..Time for a new one I suppose!

Banditz

Reaction score
Make sure the thing is not grounded out somehow. My son's four wheeler was given me fits for over two hours!! then I realized I had hit the handle bar kill switch stopping all spark. Yeah, I felt really stupid when on teh very first pull she cranked up...

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Well the kill switch is not intact. The guy just has the two wires twisted together. But I tried with the wires twisted and untwisted.

robbie

Reaction score
If you check for spark with the spark plug, and there's no spark, then you still haven't narrowed the problem down. You could have a bad spark plug, a bad coil, or a kill switch that's grounded.

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
If you check for spark with the spark plug, and there's no spark, then you still haven't narrowed the problem down. You could have a bad spark plug, a bad coil, or a kill switch that's grounded.

Well I'm going to test everything and I'll post back with new info.. Hopefully info that the engine is running!

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
woah, hold on now, take off your blower shroud and make sure all the wires are good there and not ground, those 2 black wires for the kill switch cant be any were near each other or touching any metal at all.

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
Aw man I'm a dumbass I thought it was the other way..Don't worry this wasn't all for nothing I tried starting with and and without them touching just in case this happened lol :p I'll go out and test the spark again when it stops raining.

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
lol, i made the same mistake and then my moms like hey those wires arent supposed to touch, and then it worked. i was suprised

Banditz

Reaction score
lol, i made the same mistake and then my moms like hey those wires arent supposed to touch, and then it worked. i was suprised

Qouted...This way it can't be edited..

Brother i would NEVER have admitted that my MOM had to tell me how to get a motor running. :biggrin5:

Banditz

Reaction score
The two wires can not be touching IF your kill switch is in the off spot. IF it's in teh run spot then its not gonna matter at all if they are touching. Since it still wont be grounding out the system.

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
haha im a bigger man, i can admit it, in one of my youtube videos, i pulled the cord like twice to have my uncle say "it has no spark plug" meaning i had to put the boot on it. lol my mom and uncle have had to tell me, and my grandma once told me that i forgot to shut the hood all the way. and the killswitch isint there, just two wires, they cant touch or they ground the motor out

Banditz

Reaction score
oh crap...so he has no switch, that's not good! LOL would suck trying to get those two wires touching while the bike is wanting to drive off!

CaptCanadia

Reaction score
I'm trying to hook up the kill switch but both the wires are black. How am I suppose to know which one goes where? Just try it?

Status
Not open for further replies.