Got my new remote kill switch connected

Then I noticed this

Don't ask me, I have no idea but, I'm not happy about it because:
1. there's no blue left
2. I HAVEN'T EVEN DRIVEN IT YET!

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
... Im 'seeing' corner bumpers being formed in the near future... maybe w/ lil reflectors in em, maybe?

OzFab

Reaction score
Meh, that was yesterday, I'm not worried about that little scratch anymore...

Mainly because I made it bigger...

This should answer any questions...

Meanwhile:

Attachments

• IMAG0198.jpg
    IMAG0198.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 124
  • IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 79

OzFab

Reaction score
I think it was a combination of things, not the least of things being the massive camber roll of the road surface. If you notice, in the wide, flat cul-de-sac, it steers fine...

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
[....referring to the pictures....]
Oh boy, that sucks;
maybe you find a good 'smart repair' offer somewhere close, those guys do a magnificent job on small paintjobs, matching almost any tone, any metallic variation mixing their palette to microscopic amounts of paint just enough to make scratches like this invisible.

Maybe you can even ask that they just mix a cup of touch up paint for you.

'sid

OzFab

Reaction score
That's never gonna be invisible Sid, there's a massive dent in the bumper...

I'm a panel beater & my buddy is a graphic artist; we painted it so, if we can't fix it, no one can...

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score

I'm a panel beater & my buddy is a graphic artist; we painted it so, if we can't fix it, no one can...

IMO..its just a single bar... not supporting anything and nothing 'major' mounted to it, other than the pedals...cut it off n make a 'better' one! Guarantee it's easier than the rearend...:lolgoku: maybe in the meantime ... stay off the curbs and FYI... it helps to have your 'brake' foot on the kart... when needing to stop...lol(justa observation).

Or if that isnt an option... there's always JB Weld ... "...a permanent bond and can be shaped, tapped, filed, sanded and drilled after curing. At room temperature, J-B Weld sets in 20-25 minutes to a dark grey color. A full cure is reached in 15-24 hours. J-B Weld has a tensile strength of 3960 PSI and sets to a hard bond overnight. It can withstand temperatures up to 550ºF when fully cured."

................. just an idea.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score

I've seen the dent, but I don't have to tell YOU how to remove a dent, do I ;) (I'd say tin it)

And those guys doing smart or spot repair are pure geniuses in mixing matching paint from scratch;
since you don't have any left.

And since your buddy is good with his airbrush gun (you showed his work earlier) I added the option that those guys might be able to just mix you the paint you need to repair the whole front bar.

'sid

OzFab

Reaction score
maybe in the meantime ... stay off the curbs and FYI... it helps to have your 'brake' foot on the kart... when needing to stop...lol(justa observation).

I knew it was gonna hit, there's nothing I could do at that point so I took my foot off the brake so the impact didn't reinjure it but, if you look closely, it didn't help much...

And those guys doing smart or spot repair are pure geniuses in mixing matching paint from scratch;
since you don't have any left.

That's the best part; as great as it looks, the only mixing involved with the whole paint job was how much thinners & hardner to add to the tint (note:TINT, straight tint, no mixing...) :thumbsup:

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
lol.... yea... i was just kidding... i sorta saw the look on you face. You had that ..."AWWW s:censored::censored:t!!!!"

...also liked at the end... "...should I stop recording?" LMAO:thumbsup:

...just an 'idea'.... might wanna getta differential axle for that thing!:thumbsup:

OzFab

Reaction score
...just an 'idea'.... might wanna getta differential axle for that thing!:thumbsup:

Now, why would I wanna go & do that? Right now, if I punch it, the back end breaks loose (that's what I was trying to do when I stacked it but, I went in too quick...)

I also discovered that the steering was binding on RH lock (which didn't help yesterdays situation); a spring washer under the heim joint fixed that problem...

My buddy Kurt, whose been on bikes & karts on & off since the age of about 10, drove it for the first time today, his only comment was "Where's all the torque coming from?" :lolgoku: He scored me 100%

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
That does look like it was about as heartbreaking as me shattering the gearbox in MULE right after I finished reworking the shifter and a couple other things and calling it done. Actually, worse. Broken mechanicals can be swapped out easily enough, but buggering up a beautiful new paint job? Aargh.

Well, I suppose if you polish the build-off trophy up and set it just so, it will distract everybody from seeing the kart damage!

One thing I did note from the video- A split second before mounting the curb, you stuck your left foot out. I cringed... You don't really wanna do that, do you?

OzFab

Reaction score
That does look like it was about as heartbreaking as me shattering the gearbox in MULE right after I finished reworking the shifter and a couple other things and calling it done. Actually, worse. Broken mechanicals can be swapped out easily enough, but buggering up a beautiful new paint job? Aargh.

I know! The worst part is the blue tint we used was old stock which went off days after we painted the kart due to exposure...

I'm seriously amazed it didn't do more damage than it did; a dented & only slightly bent bumper & a few scrapes underneath, that's it. Goes to show the quality of my work :cool: :smartass: :innocent:

I was even thinking of just laying clear over the top & leave it at that, like a battle scar...

Well, I suppose if you polish the build-off trophy up and set it just so, it will distract everybody from seeing the kart damage!

There's a trophy? When should I expect it to arrive? :D

One thing I did note from the video- A split second before mounting the curb, you stuck your left foot out. I cringed... You don't really wanna do that, do you?

See post #274

All I can say is ouch!

For me or the kart :lolgoku:

Role

Nobility
Reaction score
No surprise here.. Great builds as always Fabroman! Keep up the good work!

You and I need to brainstorm and build something off the chart ridiculous soon.

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.