2013 - AusEx (AmEx Replica)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
Sup Fab...Motor moving side to side? If so, you may have to use bigger (thicker) motor mount bolts and maybe bore out the holes in the engine block a little. Locks nuts are a must.

What is it 90 degrees there?

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
No, it's sliding back, making the chain loose...

How about before you repaint it you weld a vertical plate along the back of the mount plate then drill/tap a couple of bolts to push on the base plate of the engine-keeping the chain tight.

Are you referring to the position of the engine or the weather?

The weather...it's a balmy 30 degrees today. Been 10 with -20 wind chill most of January here in Motown.

OzFab

Reaction score
How about before you repaint it you weld a vertical plate along the back of the mount plate then drill/tap a couple of bolts to push on the base plate of the engine-keeping the chain tight.

I've been thinking about something like that but didn't want to weld it; now that I have to repaint anyway, I may just do that.

A piece of 1/4" flat stock, 2 nuts & 2 bolts should do the trick :thumbsup:

The weather...it's a balmy 30 degrees today. Been 10 with -20 wind chill most of January here in Motown.

Yeah, it's been mid to high 90s all week, good thing I have a pool nice & handy :D There's a cool change coming :wai:

k-man1081

Reaction score
Thanks for your build write-up, Fabroman. I spend the past 2hours reading over every post and all 16pages to look for valuable information you guys on this site had. My mind is racing fast with trying to comprehend it all -- there's a lot of great information in this thread. It's very comprehensive, and gives me ideas of "do's" and "do not's" for the design of my off-road kart. I have a quick question about the front axle. I'm curious to know if a front axle would be ok to design into an off-road kart plan with full suspension, or, would it just get in the way and cause major clearance issues?

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your build write-up, Fabroman. I spend the past 2hours reading over every post and all 16pages to look for valuable information you guys on this site had. My mind is racing fast with trying to comprehend it all -- there's a lot of great information in this thread. It's very comprehensive, and gives me ideas of "do's" and "do not's" for the design of my off-road kart. I have a quick question about the front axle. I'm curious to know if a front axle would be ok to design into an off-road kart plan with full suspension, or, would it just get in the way and cause major clearance issues?

Firstly, I would have to ask what you mean by 'front axle'. A kart, Fabromans included, generally do not have axles in the front. The wheels are attached using brackets and spindles.

Why don't you start a thread of your own in the discussion section of the forum and ask your question there. You will probably get a bit more response that way. Post up a pic of which part you are refering to as well

Fast Eddie

Reaction score

Welcome aboard K...

Hows the mount plate coming Fab??

OzFab

Reaction score
Firstly, I would have to ask what you mean by 'front axle'. A kart, Fabromans included, generally do not have axles in the front. The wheels are attached using brackets and spindles.

I'lll have to disagree with you there Paul; although you're mostly correct, it does, in fact, have a front axle, the tube that runs between the spindle brackets...

To answer your question Keith, if I was building a full suspension kart, I would not use one single part the same as this

Hows the mount plate coming Fab??

It's not, too many distractions in the way :D I scraped off some of the affected paint, now I'm leaving it to dry out (the paint was compromised by either oil or fuel...or both)

Status
Not open for further replies.