Yerf Dog w/ Hemi Predator 212

joshw0000

Reaction score
Now make some black marks! And we did all this to ya, you know it’s true. I bet yer thinking about the next project, just like me.
I will soon. It just started raining...which is all it's done lately.

I'm always thinking about the next one, lol. I might strip the mini bike down and repaint it when I get back to that project. Part of me likes the worn out look and part of me wants to make it shine a little bit.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
I will soon. It just started raining...which is all it's done lately.

I'm always thinking about the next one, lol. I might strip the mini bike down and repaint it when I get back to that project. Part of me likes the worn out look and part of me wants to make it shine a little bit.
It‘s raining here too. Sucks. If you repaint, consider this for the paint job.
IMG_3231.jpeg
I’d do this, but I need paint experience first, because I like perfect.

joshw0000

Reaction score
It‘s raining here too. Sucks. If you repaint, consider this for the paint job.
View attachment 138663
I’d do this, but I need paint experience first, because I like perfect.
I was thinking something a little easier...you've seen where they paint it solid with one color, then spray Dawn all over it, paint it with another, and then hit it with a hose pipe? It'd probably look like crap but the bar is pretty low right now. 🤣🤣

BSR#2

Reaction score
I was thinking something a little easier...you've seen where they paint it solid with one color, then spray Dawn all over it, paint it with another, and then hit it with a hose pipe? It'd probably look like crap but the bar is pretty low right now. 🤣🤣
Dang!!!! Sounds like you describing what's left over after the bar's close around here. 😂 😂 😂

joshw0000

Reaction score
Worked from home today, and the oldest daughter is staying with a friend. So on my lunch break, the youngest and I had an opportunity to put my welds to the test...so far they're passing!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230531-160653.png
    Screenshot_20230531-160653.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 7

joshw0000

Reaction score
My cat eats tires he can fit in his mouth, rubber bands, and anything squishy. Pets are an absolute menace. Love the name too, @Denny should take notes.
His real name is Gunner. I just call him that because of everything he's destroyed.... Tires, HVAC insulation 3X, internet cable off the pole, trailer wires 3X, entire trampoline (bottom, pads, netting), garage door photo eyes, hose pipes, plants, multiple dog beds, etc. We buy him toys but he'd rather destroy things around the house.

joshw0000

Reaction score
Well, the welds didn't hold. The torque converter belt had wore out so I put a new one on. The new one hadn't gotten broke in so when you crank it it wants to pull and if you don't give it gas, it'd shut off. So, the wife had the girls out and my daughter had stalled it. She decided to push it back to the shop with the belt sticking. She did so, by pushing on the back rack/roll cage. She ended up busting my welds loose. In all fairness, the welds sucked. It's been sitting in the shop for a couple months now.

Fast forward to today. I talked the wife into getting a YesWelder 205DS. I experimented with flux and it would definitely join 2 pieces of metal but it's still the ugly, slag-ridden welds. About a week ago I stumbled upon someone selling a welding cart, Miller helmet, and a 80 lb 75/25 argon/C02 tank about half full for $120. So now, I can mig weld. I won't dare say I'm making pretty welds or even strong ones, but this DIY'er is doing better than I did with the el cheapo stick welder.

I'm halfway through the Yerf Dog repair, using 3/16" angle. I cut a triangle out of the corner and welded it against the mounting tab to give a little more strength. I hope this one holds better than the last.

Attachments

• PXL_20231022_013701056.jpg
    PXL_20231022_013701056.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20231022_013557298.jpg
    PXL_20231022_013557298.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20231022_013953494.jpg
    PXL_20231022_013953494.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5