Worlds first ever dual fuel kart!

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Did the plow make you come to a sudden stop a few times? How does that diesel engine feel on there? Is it just instant torque?
No, just worried the plow would bang on the ground when not needed, and wouldn't even be able to fully lower the kart if the blade was on, I made a lever for it to go up and down. And yeah, instant torque with it, if I didn't mention already it does burnouts everytime you try to go fast :LOL:. Gas engine needs new carb, jets may be clogged or throttle neds adjustment but it wants to run away on choke:eek:. Im gonna try and get the floor (55 gal drum) traced and cut this weekend, tonight will be battery light/ charge indicatormounted on my control panel for alternator, may fix the spindle as well but super fun!!!!!

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
I finally installed the floor this weekend, It looks good! My buddy and I are going in the nursery this weekend, so that will test durability. Also, the belt was destroyed chunks were missing. I found out that it plays into the burnouts, there was a lot of slack so by the time the engine reached full speed the clutch engaged and did burnouts. Now the gearbox has been shifted away from the engine slightly and the belt doesn't have much slack. The battery light installed needs one more wire but isn't necessary to charge. Also, have a flat in the back:(. 1707314790763.png1707314846643.png1707314894258.png

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
So heres what has happened, the day I went out with them, it was all mucky, and nasty, so I geared up with snow pants, a winter coat, and a helmet..., kart did okay, got a full lap around the whole nursery, and got soooo muddy, me and bro were covered and soaked, he road a small twin seater manco, we both seemed slow that day, my throttle was a little wonked, and the small manco was getting tired of full throttle, so it only ran at like 3/4 throttle.

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Coming back home after i realized i lost my alternator belt on a bump, we just barely entered my woods, and there was a small stump in the path we made... and the whole left side front suspension discombobulated, (Spindle snapped off) and it is impossible to get back on one wheel in the front, AND the woods were flooded with 2ft deep water... luckily my other buddy showed up in time on his quad, I got towed 20 ft, and it was just plowing leaves, then I decided to just bring the whole suspension and spindle to the garage, weld it back, and re-mount it.

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Did just that, and didn't go on it till later, as they were hollering at me to go again, I washed up, and cleaned the clothes, got back out, and right as I got into my tree line, the throttle cable snapped😐, I stayed, and they went one more time, on the quad together.
That was the end of my kart for then.

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Can't find the pics of that day sadly, but I went to work during spring break, and found this cable and military crate, for some dudes airplane project, it was the inner cable, not sheathing, but that's what I needed, brought it home, and it was longer by a couple inches, exactly what I wanted incase it break again, got it inside, and worked perfectly

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Shortly after that, I went in my woods were there is a little bit of non flooded trail to use, and didn't steer enough😲, right tire hit a tree with speed in a turn😭, then the whole right suspension had broken off at this point.

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
This time, no one but me, and I was so p1$$3d, because I forgot I had only tacked on the a-arm mounts, and I just drove back somehow, got stuck, and made a decent amount of ditches from stabbing, i,m laughing at how mad I was, it was literally only holding on by the shock, drove over the whole tire, and destroyed the shock..
Now the red shocks were gone, I'm a little mad now, bc the red setup had perfect steering, and not much bump steer.
Gave up on that for a week, came back and knew my only option was to retry silver shocks for a 3rd time, that's where it stands now anyway, it took a long time to perfect or get it to where it is now with steering, and camber.

Attachments

• 20240301_201644.jpg
    20240301_201644.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240301_201620.jpg
    20240301_201620.jpg
    840.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240301_201625.jpg
    20240301_201625.jpg
    958.5 KB · Views: 3

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
After getting steering and whatnot better, I got bored of the old tiny exhaust, by April 8th, i had installed the turbo for good... took the small pipe off, used my flange I had mad in metal shop back in October, and welded it to the muffler outlet, and made a small support so it's not held on by the muffler 💀. It seemed cool and all, but it was missing something... a big o'l pipe, did that and it looked awesome, before turbo, I clocked in at 30-35mph

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Forgot to mention this whole time, I never have working brakes, so 500+ lbs of steel and another 150 lbs can not stop if a pedestrian and their dog is on my street😅

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Now I stand with a big mind, $70, an Amazon cart full of what is needed for a duel fuel kart, ($59.70), a blueprint for my shed I'm building ( gocart bay, tiny workshop), and another idea of more roll cage, side panels, side door, plexiglass windshield, and the whole thing hot pink, and black, I will perfect this design, everything I could possibly get on there to finish it, then paint and what not.

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
The kart rolls koll, steers amazing, doesn't stop, has amazing top speed for a diesel, flat tire in the back.
So I currently need: new carb, throttle cable, master dual piston master cylinder, tq pulley washer and bolt, and we are in business for the gas engine, after that, I will need oil lines for the turbo, and fuel line for gas engine, more steel for roll cage, and more 55 gal drums for sheet metal. New rocker switch for headlights, and need to figure out wiring diagram for alternator battery charge light indicator.