Worlds first ever dual fuel kart!

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Close to getting the frame finished, and waiting on parts, but once done I will be able to install the other engine and what not!

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Kart includes: front and rear suspension, Yanmar L70 diesel engine, Briggs and Stratton 6.5hp gas engine, forward/reverse gearbox, hydraulic brake, led lights, 2 large fuel tanks, and fully functional plow. Kart is clearly built for tall people.

:drool5:
Waiting on front suspension, rack, need to fab a mounting plate for gas engine, and connect throttle.

I will try and keep up with pics, but for now I need to draw out more plans✌️

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Going to the shop today, hopefully start and finish a plate!
And not get distracted by our scrap dump, might find good metal or even an engine!!😆

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Umm yea huh I'm first diesel or gas😑😅
Yours may have ran on those but mine runs on gold, there's also propane or gas engines out there...

hardcorps

Reaction score
1971 M35-A2 look it up. Had a 300hp multi fuel turbo diesel White engine. 6 cyl, 472 cubic inches, 22:1 compression ratio and 600 ft lbs of torque.
Some military manuals stated to pour the waste oil from engine oil changes into the fuel tank. Those Whites will run on gasoline or Diesel or JP-8 jet fuel or whatever you put in the tank.

thatkartbuilder

Reaction score
Got a decent amount of work done today, mounted the alternator, fixed the back so it's not messed up, connected the gas throttle. Made a big ish mistake, test ran the gas with no oil in it 😬 ran for 30 sec couldn't throttle up or nothing, and just stalled, didn't realize that was the case until I tried pulling it and it was locked up, put some oil in it and gave the pto a turn to loosen it up, did just that. Ran it later today and just wants to run away, I did disassemble the governor/ throttle lever, so I'll have to tinker with it to get it right. Also mounted the gas tank above the diesel one, and just got my sprocket and chain as well as my second torque converter pulley, but just realized it doesn't come with washer and bolt☹️. Either tomorrow or Sunday, I will receive a arms and rack:wai:So excited for them!!!
After those are installed, I should be able to play with my toy.