Woot

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Reaction score
its a 600 thumper its going to be hard to kick over!! it probably just needs running i would put fresh oil it it as well do these engines have a plated bore or cast iron sleeve because if its cast iron it might have some slight surface rust if it hasn't been stored properly

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
it finaly ran today. it was quite an adventure. first i forget teh fuel drain valve. then it tutns out theres no gasket on the bowl. then i forget that it makes its own power and am thinking WTF this aint a diesel hows it running? it was 11:30 and no muffler so it only ran for about 10 seconds. smokes alot but that will all be fixed and then Ill have to sell it :(
I would seriously like to make a shifter kart

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
only ford id think about getting is a mustang gt. im looking for something more euro or luxury. gonna try to buy a TT quattro tommorow. hope i have the funds

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
Ford, LOL!

Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily
Found On Rednecks Driveway

Ford backwards
Driver Returns On Foot

At least at Ford they circle their problems.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
i hate carbs :ack2: so annoying to work on. its running so rich theres gas getting spit out the exhaust and sometimes the bowl overfills. cant work much on it cause its so COLD

jr dragster T

Reaction score
i hate carbs :ack2: so annoying to work on. its running so rich theres gas getting spit out the exhaust and sometimes the bowl overfills. cant work much on it cause its so COLD

Why dont you try some headers/mufflers on before you say it runs too rich

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
headers have nothing to do with a/f mixture

If you put a performance exhaust system on a carb'd motorbike you have to rejet, because the exhaust/header will make it run lean. In a bike the header and exhaust are often one piece.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
well right now its just a hole in the block. nothing on yet. i do have the original exhaust system, but itll only get in the way.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
woopsie. :surrender: dont worry it didnt overheat. like i said it was spewing gas out of the exhaust. the valves stayed cool. longest it ran was maybe a minute

whys the header so important? its just a pipe no backpressure

BradenM

Etre Et Durer.
Reaction score
I'm here dude. You won't get your Ford within 900m though. If it can drive that far, I'll put a few rounds through it for ya. Apparently copper and lead are worth a bit, so you will get better resale on your ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.