Starting the Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsox985

Active member
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
12
Location
PA
My school has well over 500 in our cafeteria, now "borrowing" one is the issue.
 

EastCoast

New member
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Location
Nova Scotia, Canada
If it's a GX200 clone, then yes. Precisely which engine do you have?
EDIT- Sorry, I just went back thru the thread and found your new engine. Yes, 196cc or thereabouts. Where'd you score that, anyway?

At a local small engine repair shop. He gave me $50 for each of my old motors. So I got the new one for $140. It was $209 before tax. Its new with 2 years of warranty.
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
It would work, but it would also very likely be to narrow. You'd have to exmine the possibility of widening it.

Gotta love a 2-year warranty on a clone!
 

EastCoast

New member
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Location
Nova Scotia, Canada
The seat







Need to get it covered now.
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
I don't know what you've got in mind for padding, but I found that foam cushioning doesn't come cheap. As an alternate, I was able to use 3-4 layers of 1/2" foam carpet underpad- worked out quite well...
 

redsox985

Active member
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
12
Location
PA
I got 2" foam as well as a few yards of navy vinyl, which is 4' wide, for free from my mom's friend who does re-upholstery. She referred to what she gave me as "scraps" because it was cheap vinyl by furniture standards and the foam was oddly shaped but there was plenty for a kart. Look for connections like this as it can save you good sums of cash.
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
Yes, they do sell keyed shafting. To my knowledge, the largest they have is 1", which will be okay if supported well enough. Honestly though, it'd be worth your while to check with your local steel suppliers first. As good as PA can be with pricing, they don't move a lot of steel so the price is likely higher than it needs to be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top