starting a full rebuild of my go kart engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

exenos

Project Nut
Reaction score
Its just a slightly more modernized version of the round slide carb that they have been using for over 40 years. If you a haven't already bought it try to find a regular 22mm round slide, it'll probably be easier to set up without the electronic choke.

buckwheat

Reaction score
To remove carbon deposits use a powered wire brush. Watch that you don't get into the piston ring lands. If you are doing the combustion chamber on a flathead type engine keep the valves in place so you don't mess up the valve seats.

rushking19

Reaction score
Does any body know if Tecumseh made most of there connecting rod the same, because i want to buy a billet rod and this one i is cheap and it looks like mines but i am not sure if it will fit the shaft or how long the stroke.my engine is a Tecumseh h35 and the connecting rod is from a Tecumseh 5.5 ohv.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
i sometimes carefully scrape it with an exacto blade. try not to scratch up the surface.

if you havent done the jb weld already, i would use a bolt and a nut to seal the hole instead, it should seal more gooder.

put the nut on the outside so that its visible. if you put it on the inside you can never see if its loosening up until its too late

rushking19

Reaction score
here's some pics on my progress.

all I did was clean it up, remove the governer and plug it with a bolt and then i will jb weld it in.I have yet to lap the valves and order new parts.

rushking19

Reaction score
It's been awhile because it took me a long time to get jb-weld but i put it in a few days ago and its dry and today i am going to get the valve lapping compound and tool, I'll repost when i am done

rushking19

Reaction score
Does any one know a easy way to put in valves i already got the exhaust valve but i need help puting the intake valve in any body have any answers

Status
Not open for further replies.