starting a full rebuild of my go kart engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushking19

Reaction score
The other day when i was running my go kart it was running good then a big red flame came out and started running really badly and over heated and kept cuting of so i am planing to rebuild the engine, i all ready took it apart , i am planing to lap the valve the most likely cause of the problem, remove governer, get a gy6 carb from ebay,and clean the engine. If you all have any suggestion please comment:rolleyes

smgs92

Reaction score
what engine? considering you're getting a gy6 carb i think it's a gy6.

rushking19

Reaction score
Can i are 150cc carburetor on an engine i don't know how much cc the engine is the engine a Tecumseh h35 and the carburetor is from a 150 cc gy6 so can any tell me how that will work out

rushking19

Reaction score
This is a pictures of the carburetor

rushking19

Reaction score
Today i worked on moving the governor and now all i have to do is seal the hole the lever that controls the governor with jb weld, lap the valves , order new flywheel key,order gy6 150cc carburetor, maybe spray paint engine, order new fuel line, and put every thing back together.

rushking19

Reaction score
I found out the valves needed to be no less 1/32 of an inch, but i am going to make sure when i take it to get the valves put back in i'll tell the person that,because i don't know an easy way to get them back in.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
It might be too late, but if you look in the engines section, there's a sticky entitled, "Tecumseh L-Head governor removal". Might be worth checking out.

rushking19

Reaction score
yeah it's to late the only part left is the axle the governor use to sit on that is just a short peice of metal. and i removed the lever that controls the govornor, now all i have to do is get jb weld and plug the hole.

OzFab

Reaction score
If I understand the question, porting is the removal of metal & smoothing out of the ports (the tunnel between the carb/exhaust & the valve) to increase flow & improve performance. Probably not something that someone with your limited experience should undertake

rushking19

Reaction score
Does anyone know a easy way to put a piston back in the only one i am having trouble with the oil ring the other piston rings are easy to get in

OzFab

Reaction score
Ring compressor :D

The oil ring is usually the hardest one; just be patient & take your time to avoid any damage. Two small flat screwdrivers may help but, as I said, be careful!

jamyers

Reaction score
Does anyone know a easy way to put a piston back in the only one i am having trouble with the oil ring the other piston rings are easy to get in

Ring Compressor. Not having that, use a large hose clamp, or two hose clamps hooked together to get around the piston / ring and compress it into the piston. Be VERY careful, you really really don't want to tear / scratch / bend the rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.