• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick Bits

Edwin Spangler

Well-known member
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,067
Describe your drilling process. Did you use cutting fluid? Drill press or hand drill?
What is the material of the weights?
Just ran a drywall screw thru the middle into some wood to anchor it down and used some kind of blue gun lube. Hand drilling the finest steel that China has to offer, thats a highly satifying feeling. Anyone know what Im talking about?
 

Wicked_Daddy

Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire!
Messages
192
Reaction score
310
Location
Texas, Y'all
The bit should go through it as if it were slightly harder than wood! Of course, if your bits are Chinese as well, then it's an even draw as to who wins.
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,204
Reaction score
4,183
Just finished watching this last night and was for me, one of those movies you’d heard good things about but had never seen. Catch-22. A heavily edited for TV and 4:3 ratio’ed one came up in my Youtoob feed but that’s no bueno. A good antiwar movie but at the same time an absurdity. All those B-25s are real and functional and sound great. I thought it was supposed to be set in the 'Nam war....

*PG-13 or thereabouts


The flowchart of the Catch-22 [click to embiggen]:

Image 336.jpeg

Hand drilling the finest steel that China has to offer,

I’m with Wicked Daddy. Was wondering if it was some hardened tool steel to be breaking all those bits, but the drill bits were probably made of the same Chinesium/cheapest steel available. :sneaky: Like trying to slice a stick of butter with a knife made of butter.
 

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Messages
5,078
Reaction score
4,506
Location
Southern New Mexico
Had a guy today stop me and wanted to chat while I was working.
I usually will be cordial and answer a few questions.

What cha measuring he says.

I reply the world. Doing a job down the street, getting myself situated in the neighborhood.

He says is that your measuring stick as he points to my GPS pole.

I said yeah, im connected to satellites.

He looks in my other hand and sees the shovel. And said what's the shovel for.

I said digging holes.

A look of extreme confusion on his face.

I said "literally, just digging holes"
Have a good day as i walked off.
 

Master Hack

Well-known member
Messages
4,361
Reaction score
7,020
Location
Mountain top Labratory
Carbide tipped concrete bits work nicely on chineseum chit.
Regular Chinese drill bits dont hold up well drilling chineseum chit of unknown content. Use 'em in a press for best results.
 
Top