• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Things are getting interesting at my work now. Three people have caught the virus, a Customer relations, bodyshop painter, and now a service adviser. Hope people are staying as safe as possible right now.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Soon the vast majority will have had the virus. That's how viruses work. Still less than 0.5% chance of it harming you.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a poll on a Facebook page here in South Africa asking people if they would take the Corona vaccine when it comes out, and I was surprised to see that the majority of people said that they wouldn't take it! What is everyone's opinion? I for one would take it right away. Why go without it if it is available?

jmaack

Reaction score
unless you are elderly infantile or have significant underlying health condition you will be fine. we have had multiple at work get it and are back within a few days of testing negative. being essential we have been working without a day off. It is and was politicized.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I'll probably get it when its fully available. I'll ask for whichever one has the highest efficacy. Considering the three current options are 90-95% effective, I like the odds. Wish it was a single and not a double shot 30 days apart. We're expecting either one to be fully available possibly as early as May for regular use. December 10th is when at least one will be approved possibly. They're saying 20 million to be vaccinated by December 31st.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I'd like to see that same poll with the option of taking the vaccine a few months after it comes out, I bet a lot of people just don't want the vaccine right away since it is unproven(on a mass scale). Since our family's low risk, we'd prefer to make sure there won't be side effects, there's no replacement for long term observations with a new medicine.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
It's not necessarily unproven. It has been rolled out quickly due to having a ton of money put out for a vaccine. It still has to go through all the trials. One or two of them were put on hold for a day or a few due to some minor set backs. All normal procedures. I wouldn't worry too much about it to the point of losing sleep. Just keep a close eye on stuff.

jmaack

Reaction score
I am the same. I hate it when you get to the store, get out your car and then realise you forgot your mask either in the car or at home :D
went through this alot. I just got a couple of gators. Medical grade of course. 😆

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Supposedly according to new company policy, we are no longer allowed to wear homemade masks, bandannas, gaiters, etc. We will only be allowed to wear company supplies masks. However, it'll be easy to go through at least 2 per day. So they better be supplying us with at least 2 boxes per two months.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Got our company supplied masks today. It's pretty much as I had suspected...custom black masks with company name on them. They only gave us 2. They are washable so yay. However, policy now is, we can only wear these masks or similar but they have to be all black. For whatever reason we are not allowed to wear the paper type surgical masks. I do also like how the tag that is sown into the mask states that it is not suitable to prevent communicable illnesses. Guess if it fits it ships.