• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

Kartorbust

Reaction score
The only ones that are effective are ones that are put on properly. There's a reason why they have a long course for doctors, nurses, and other professionals on how to properly put on a mask. The average person probably does not have this knowledge. If the only reason I wear a mask, other than it being mandatory at my work is, so I'm not breathing in as much brake dust when I turn rotors and clean up pads.

jmaack

Reaction score
cartridge pressurized and real not a 99 cent bandana is the only way.
I wore one the same reason, metal dust and grinding rock dust.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
At times like this I'm glad I have a dentist for a grandpa who knows how to wash hands, wear gloves, and wear masks properly, there's a lot of great medical knowledge in our family on that sort of thing.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I've heard the exact opposite with the face shields. Still have open space around your face, around and under. Plus, you can't really clean the head band and padding and sanitize it like you can a washable face mask. Sure you can spray it, but how effective is it?

Put it this way, we've been getting mixed messages from experts for almost a year now. They might be getting more consistent, but that's up for debate and here is not the place for that.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I would like to point out that even masks are not incredibly effective if they have large leaks at the edges, this is one of those medical tidbits in my family. Face shields are actually quite useless on their own, this is an aerosolized virus, so try using one of those shields to keep smoke or steam out of your face. Ain't gonna work is it? Masks and face shields combined actually work very well, but the shields on their own account for almost no protection.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
honestly, if I get it, for me it would probably be noting. at least judging by my dad getting covid but it was basically just a cough and we would not have known except for that he had two positive tests. my mom also had cold like symptoms at the same time, but she didn't get a test since we were already quarantining. it lasted for a week and was completely out or our family. my sister and I did not even get a hint of a cold. but my family is being cautious right now because my grandma is here.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
And what is your reasoning/source for that? I don't mean to be rude but I'm curious.
The statistics bear out that we are being misled. How would you explain that the actual overall death rate in the US is virtually unchanged in 2020 vs. 2019 (only a 0.3% increase)? Or that the rate of flu infections is less than half of the standard in 2020? I just pulled this information from the CDC website. I have it sitting right in front of me.

jamyers

Reaction score
Also, after Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner (or whenever you end up with leftover stuffing) put the stuffing in your waffle iron and cook. YUM!

karl

Reaction score
Made my own snap traps from scratch, cause why not, relaxing free project. lame I know.

They work great, super sensitive. In between size for moles and voles, hard to find otherwise.

Attachments

• 20201205_230814.jpg
    20201205_230814.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20201205_225208.jpg
    20201205_225208.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20201205_232720.jpg
    20201205_232720.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5