• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Just found out the Ice Fishing Extravaganza that I go to near Brainerd, MN has been changed up for 2021. Instead of it taking place at Hole in the Day Bay on Gull Lake, it's taking place virtually across any one of the 10,000 plus lakes in the state. Quite unfortunate. http://icefishing.org/2020/11/30/brainerd-ice-fishing-extravaganza-goes-statewide-and-virtual/
Sounds stupid. Like a single guy fishing n the middle of a lake wearing a mask. If that's not virtue signalling, I don't know what is.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Sounds stupid. Like a single guy fishing n the middle of a lake wearing a mask. If that's not virtue signalling, I don't know what is.

Tell me about it. If they needed to, they could move the ice holes an extra few feet over to help with distancing. There is usually 12,000 to 20,000 people in Hole in the Day Bay during this event. By Thursday we should know if there will be a vaccine or three ready to go here.

Either way it's a bunch of garbage. People are tired and just want to go back to normal.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
If you want "normal" back , you'll have to go take it. No one is going to give it back to you.

On a more important note--- Breakfast sausage: Link or patty?

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Nah, just grab a bowl of my mom's homemade garlic mashed potatoes for breakfast.....oh wait, ALL MINE. No seriously that was my breakfast this morning.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
I eat whatever my mom makes, or i make a, sandwich or cereal, but sometimes just leftovers. our family does not do the whole different foods for breakfast lunch or dinner. is't all food for any meal.
edit: btw jt mashed potatoes are the perfect meal! especially with a great deal of butter

Mr_mcrib212

Inmate #2148
Reaction score
A guy at my church offered me a job helping gutting out the interior of his van he uses to haul his surfboards, I'm gonna take because I am in desperate need of money for the go-kart

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
If you want "normal" back , you'll have to go take it. No one is going to give it back to you.

On a more important note--- Breakfast sausage: Link or patty?
This is not about what you eat for breakfast. Given a choice, which do you choose? This is science, people.

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Reaction score
This was my weekend. Next day the weight caused the bottom of the trunk to snap and rip off the mains pole off the house. It was fun because now I have to replace part of the porch roof. Super FML moment.

Attachments

• 20201206_105731.jpg
    20201206_105731.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201206_105724.jpg
    20201206_105724.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201206_105717.jpg
    20201206_105717.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201206_105706.jpg
    20201206_105706.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So does home insurance cover any of this? I'm just curious in case my wife and I get a house with a similar power line setup.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
This was my weekend. Next day the weight caused the bottom of the trunk to snap and rip off the mains pole off the house. It was fun because now I have to replace part of the porch roof. Super FML moment.
man that sucks, are you still able to heat your house without the mains power? we heat with wood so basically if this happened to us our circulation fan would be out and we would live in our living room where the fire place is. or make the living room unbearably hot and heat the rest of the house at a comfortable temperature. hope your insurance does cover it! and good luck in those snowy conditions. in southern WI it is still very mild and the max we had was 2". kinda weird this year.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Hah, that's what I was about to point out. I've only seen like 1/32" of snow in the past two years TOTAL.