• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So it's the Ford specialty dark green. Long as the coolant you get meets their VC-10-A2 specifications it should be fine.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
So it's the Ford specialty dark green. Long as the coolant you get meets their VC-10-A2 specifications it should be fine.

Asian Blue specs:
Meets the following OEM and industry specifications:
Hyundai/KIA MS 591-08,
Mitsubishi ES-64217,
JIS K 2234-1994,
Ford WSS-M97B55-A, ASTM 3306, ASTM D4985,
Federal Specification A-A-870A

VC10A2 specs:
Meets or exceeds the requirements of
WSS-M97B55-A
and
ASTM D 3306

karl

Reaction score
So I sent the ol cart a lil too hard, got going too sideways on a tar and chip road at about 20-30mph, hit the brake , tires locked, spun backwards, and as I was sliding back, the tires caught traction, and I was thrown off, kart flipped backwards end to end. All happened too quick too correct.

After finding my glasses, still tore out of there sideways. Learned tar and chip roads are quite abrasive. And kohler command V-twins have mad torque.

Rim suffered some damage, but I will give credit where it is due, the BMI kart's 1 1/4in aluminum hub held up perfect, as did the axle. Would recommend as a solution for mounting 4in on 4 rims to an
1in and a 1/4 axle. The rest of the kart is mint, I built it solid, just a lil chunk of the seat missing.

Attachments

• 20200730_194527.jpg
    20200730_194527.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 20200730_194618.jpg
    20200730_194618.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20200730_201556.jpg
    20200730_201556.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Stick your hand in gasoline and you'll find plenty of cuts you didn't know you had! Lol. I had a pebble lodged so deep in my palm once I had to abandon trying to cut it out and just let it grow out naturally!

karl

Reaction score
Road rash is the worst. Wearing biker gloves next time out?

Probably not a bad idea

Glad I removed the turbo engine before the road was chipped, could have been going 5-10mph faster. Still rips with a dual barrel tho.

Just like a 911 Porsche, rear heavy and turbo lag = potential ouch. Now I will not ride it without a helmet.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Was out killing weeds today... Mixed up a batch of vinegar/salt/dishsoap. After a 1/2 hr it seemed to be doing some good work...
We have cats and dogs in the area, so any commercial killer wont be safe to use for this....That and I can get all the stuff at the dollar store for really cheap...
Bought a pump up hand sprayer at the princess as they were on sale for cheap, $2.77....
Total must have payed $10, as I bought stuff for 2.
My Buddy down the way has had some grass and other weeds growing in the carport, so I hooked him up with a sprayer aswell.
Ill have to probably dose it again later on as its a progressive treatment to rid the weeds and crap out of the cracks and such...

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I'm kind of curious on how well that works. Is it an all purpose weed killer or does it only work on certain ones? When I did commercial lawn fertilizing and such, it was impossible to keep people in apartments, town homes, HOAs, etc to keep their pets off the grass. Last thing I wanted was hearing how someone's per died because of commercial fertilizer and herbicides.

Got some information about that dune buggy, I guess the frame is all square tubing, all hand welded. So sounds like a homemade build. Won't be able to get pictures of it until not this weekend but the next weekend. I guess the nephew whose uncle owns it, has a funeral to go to this Saturday and a cousin can't get over there any time soon. So my dad, brother, and the nephew will be going there to get it in 2 weeks from now. Hope it's not a complete basket case. Part of me wants to get it, but another part of me would rather just focus on the buggy project.

mckutzy

Reaction score
It actually works pretty good.. afternoon they say is best to spray, gave them a good wetting, a few hours later... They were drying up and basically dead.
I did 2 sprayings...

NewbCarter

Reaction score
Maybe a bit of a stretch / not for this section of the forum .. but , for us EU folks ... where can i get my hands on minibike wheels you US guys get ? Mini bikes of that shape and form i havent seen here at all , so finding wheels here your only choice is to ship from the US ... for my location ends up being 200 USD + tax for two 6" wheels ...

Any advice / info on this ?

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Maybe a bit of a stretch / not for this section of the forum .. but , for us EU folks ... where can i get my hands on minibike wheels you US guys get ? Mini bikes of that shape and form i havent seen here at all , so finding wheels here your only choice is to ship from the US ... for my location ends up being 200 USD + tax for two 6" wheels ...

Any advice / info on this ?

I did a Google search of just Europe Mini Bike parts and came up with at least 3 locations, 2 in the UK and 1 in Wasserliesch, Germany. Parts Europe is in Germany. Pit Bike Spares LTD in London. MP Racing/ Miniature Parts in Bristol. You're probably talking the regular mini bikes not like a Pit Bike or Honda MSX125 GROM?

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Got me ANOTHER ken bar streaker d660 its all original my other one wasnt. I am NOT going to repaint it im gonna clear it and save the little 3.5 briggs which i already straight piped and got er fired up in about 5 min.

Attachments

• 20200807_201435.jpg
    20200807_201435.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200807_192808.jpg
    20200807_192808.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 20200807_201452.jpg
    20200807_201452.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Compared to some of your projects, that’s mint!:lolgoku:
Glad you’re not just erasing it’s history like many people do. A kart’s gotta have soul!!
Might wanna try removing the compression release on the cam if you feel brave. Makes it a bit more gutsy, especially with a shaved head.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Compared to some of your projects, that’s mint!:lolgoku:
Glad you’re not just erasing it’s history like many people do. A kart’s gotta have soul!!
Might wanna try removing the compression release on the cam if you feel brave. Makes it a bit more gutsy, especially with a shaved head.

Its 3.5hp it has like no power and i did get er runnin but i dont think the motor is worth even giving it a chance if a 5hp can barely push two teens. So i think it might end up with a 5 horse engine but if you think i should save the little motor and keep it on there ill mod er out and see how much power the little thing can squeeze out. I dont have enough parts to fix another 5hp the carbs i have are junk so what do yall think?

Frame cleaned up nice with a sos pad and pressure washer the streaker sticker shines!

Attachments

• 20200808_114036.jpg
    20200808_114036.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20200807_204228.jpg
    20200807_204228.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20200808_120439.jpg
    20200808_120439.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20200808_140105.jpg
    20200808_140105.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Dune Buggy Pics

Just got the pictures of the VW Dune Buggy. I guess it has been sitting in the shed since 1994, so she's been sitting for 26 years...for perspective I was born in 1992, so it's been sitting for most of my life. It's still at the barn in Wisconsin, but my dad just sent me the pictures from the co-worker of his. The benefit, it was plated in Minnesota so there's a real good chance I can get Nebraska plates for it to be road legal :wai: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG952124.jpg
    IMG952124.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG952118.jpg
    IMG952118.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG952121.jpg
    IMG952121.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Tiller stuff

https://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42140

So some of you may remember that I bought a 1977 Sears flathead powered roto tiller awhile back. Well that got parked on the back porch for a long time!
The other week however, I bit the bullet and bought a new points set, so I got to work on it yesterday.
If I have to choose one word to describe the condition of this engine, it’s ICKY!
The foam air filter was caked with oil and crumbled like blue cheese!!:ack2: The probably years old gas came out red and orange!! And the starter clutch was a mess, I broke one of the ears of awhile back on accident, the other ears threads were stripped out, the interior was all sticky, and it made an awful squealing sound.

Long story short, The gas tank actually wasn’t that dirty, I rebuilt the Pulsa-Jet with some spare parts I had around, I slapped in a new condenser and points, cleaned/lubed the clutch, and it RUNS ON GAS!!:2guns:

It still needs help with the throttle cable, and a new starter clutch, but it sounds quite healthy for it’s age!
Right now my plan is to try and get some rototilling jobs once it’s all fixed up nice, then I might sell it if that doesn’t go anywhere.

But overall: :bannana:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Ended up ordering a book from Amazon the other day and just showed up today. It's 'How to rebuild your Volkswagen Air-Cooled engine' by Tom Willson. Came out in 1987, so some of it is a bit dated but highly useful for engine builders and those who want to rebuild, work on, and maintain an air-cooled engine from a Bug, Bus, Thing, 914. Quite a bit of information in it and a lot of pictures, granted all black and white and somewhat hard to see the more fine details, but still useful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0895862255?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title