• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Posting and you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
http://www.navycs.com/gallery2/v/useful_images/movies/188612_Posting.swf.html

Some FNG's should watch this little video and keep it handy just incase there little brains forget something! This video will prevent you from making yourself look like a total retard to complete strangers.:D

Always remember the better your grammar the better your posts we can acctualy help you instead of just make fun of you.:thumbsup:

I think everyone here know's the people that i am refering to here. So dont start naming names thank you.:smartass:

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
I have been this close to posting something like this for quite a while now. This forum is by far the worst I've ever been on for crap grammar and spelling. Reading posts from some users takes quite a bit of deciphering.

I few more things.... Forum etiquette

Please make the title for your thread understandable and relevant.

Posts with just one word like lol ect are pointless. Don't bother posting.

Please search for what you are looking for, that search button is probably the most valuable tool in this forum, there is a wealth of information already on here. Most of the questions people ask on here have been asked a million times before.

And please, at least try to stay on topic. It's pretty unfair to mess up other peoples threads with off topic chatter.

/rant

so yer evry1 lern 2 spel proply an treet teh forum rite!11!!one!!!!:roflol:

Thanks

Hayden

newrider3

Reaction score
If you're going to post in a thread that has had no new posts for over 2-3 months (LET ALONE 2-3 YEARS), at least make sure you are posting something worthwhile. Nothing is more annoying than seeing a whole bunch of old threads sitting there with a new post that just says 'lol' or something. Seriously.

Also, don't be a post whore. 'nuff said.

This forum is by far the worst I've ever been on for crap grammar and spelling. Reading posts from some users takes quite a bit of deciphering.

I'm guessing it has something to do with an average age of about 13 among the noob population.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
If you're going to post in a thread that has had no new posts for over 2-3 months (LET ALONE 2-3 YEARS), at least make sure you are posting something worthwhile. Nothing is more annoying than seeing a whole bunch of old threads sitting there with a new post that just says 'lol' or something. Seriously.

Also, don't be a post whore. 'nuff said.

I'm guessing it has something to do with an average age of about 13 among the noob population.

hay i'm 13! oh wait i'm prob out of the "noob population"(hopefully), but yea there is a lot of people asking what the difference from a tree and a throttle linkage is, bumping threads from the age of the dinosaur, and spelling things backwards, upside-down and every angle in-between.

DirtTrackRacer_07

DeeR SlayeR
Reaction score
I tottaly agree with you r97 and the rest of yal

My english is not the best but i do try.

Im 16 and i hate to say it and i don't want to make no one mad but

There are some people that post on here that don't even to deserve to be able to change a light bulb.

Probably one of them is me....book sence wise but i am no noob when it comes down to working on motors and cars.

Its probably the only thing i acually know how to do right.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Halleluyah and thank you!!!
That stuff drives me nuts! Honestly, I think it's terrific that there's a younger crowd building and wrenching thier own rides, it's certainly better than being permanently plugged into electronic entertainment 24/7. But is it really that hard to put some effort into a posting? Nobody here expects perfect spelling and grammar, but I do think some effort is in order. Before hitting the "submit" button, go back and read your own post. Does it make any kind of sense? No? Then fix it! "I can't spell" is a terrible excuse. You can at least try. And lay off the textspeak. If you mean to say "Oh, you ate one too?" Then type it, dammit, not "O U 8 1 2?"

No names mentioned? Okay. Let's see if it does any good.

And one final point, and I've said this before- If you're not willing to put any effort into your post/ question, I'm not willing to put any effort into trying to help you. SRY. Oh! I mean, "SORRY!"

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
I need to add a few things with the 13 year old miss speelling wurds... It makes you look much smarter then you are if you use proper punctuation, and grammar. When you type like a retard and make no sence how are we going to help other then tell you go back to kindergarden?

Bill CNC

Reaction score
When someone post in Ebonics or some bastardized texting, ... I just skip that posting, ... as in;

Move along, ... nothing here to see.

I have kids 18, 23 and 25 that complain I don't answer their text messages. I just simply tell them I only answer English text messages, and I only reply in English.

Their getting better as they know it's a wasted message if it's not in a form I like!

Parents get to do these things.

Remember, ... Don't handicap your children by making their life to easy for them. If you do, ... they wont know :poop:!

Bill
The ball buster! :devil2:

KieranM

Doin It!!
Reaction score
i used to correct people on here, noobs, when they start a thread with " wazzup jus got mE slf a cArT" but it happens so much that i just stopped saying it to members.

Seriously are those red lines that hard to see??

And what the hell is with people repeating what is already stated in an earlier post!!!!

redsox985

Reaction score
Hey. I'm only 16 but feel I do a half way decent job of making things neat and orderly. I was unsure of this in terms of age, maturity, and tolerance of kids like me. With this in mind, I started out keeping things, in my opinion, really nice to read. After a few weeks on here, I realized, IMO, that I did pretty well. I like it now and it does look much better. Especially after seeing some of the newer members since I joined. Both young and older (WISER too :)). The "wiser" members are very official (*cough* Bill and Silver *cough*) and then there are some that are a touch haphazard.

EDIT: I usually post then review and LOVE the "Edit" button. I just like seeing my post in its final appearance then editing.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Redsox, your posts are great. Bear in mind we're not making a broad sweep against all young'uns, just the ones that post like they're, ahh, mentally challenged.

Hey! I didn't get a "*cough*". Dang! ;)

redsox985

Reaction score
Sorry. You haven't referred to your age recently. Like having 13 years to live while some are only 13. Or commenting on other's gray hair in their little pictures saying you have matching hair, or even miss your gray hair.

Bill CNC

Reaction score
RedSox,

Well thank you. ;)

The reason I say about 13 years is, ... I'm turning 50 in march. I have to really ask myself, ... How much longer does a workaholic that's 40 pounds over weight and used to smoke for 25 years heavily. Ironically, ... I quite 13 years ago.

Also, ... the quality of my diet is, ... well let's just say if I'm walking, ... you don't need to take any medication for high cholesterol. And the chemicals I have bathed myself in for the last , ... well just like you guys, ... we tads just starting out in life.

Otherwise, ... I'm just hanging around. :thumbsup:

Bill

brendonv

Reaction score
http://www.navycs.com/gallery2/v/useful_images/movies/188612_Posting.swf.html

Some FNG's should watch this little video and keep it handy just in case there little brains forget something! This video will prevent you from making yourself look like a total retard to complete strangers.:D

Always remember, the better your grammar, the better your posts sound and the better we can actually help you instead of just make fun of you.:thumbsup:

I think everyone here knows the people that i am referring to here, so don't start naming names. Thank you.:smartass:

You discussed having good grammar and spelling and cannot spell yourself. I fixed it for you. :)

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
we (or someone), should send administration a personal message about highlighting the words in red along with the little red line, that is if they even have control of that. i have also noticed when using my other computer i have to click the spell check button for it to put in the red lines.

EDIT: i think we should post up a sticky about gear ratios, common cent clutch ratios, how to determine a good ratio, using your tire size, approximate weight of kart, axle sprocket ect. ratios for the 20, 30, 40, and 44 series tc, then throw in a few speed calculators

KieranM

Doin It!!
Reaction score
i think we should post up a sticky about gear ratios, common cent clutch ratios, how to determine a good ratio, using your tire size, approximate weight of kart, axle sprocket ect. ratios for the 20, 30, 40, and 44 series tc, then throw in a few speed calculators

yea i agree, i just dont see how so many people miss that little extra called SEARCH

redsox985

Reaction score
I love the search bar. It's great. Toystory, you are one of the forum "elders" at 37 lol. Who is the "most aged" on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.