[PAFR]: Camshaft Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Good progress!

I'm beginning to see the crux of the problem here.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Cam timing can be crucial, when doing a regrind. Are you running an advanced Flywheel key?

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Good things come to those who wait, right?:horse:

Somehow in this case I highly doubt it!

So....
If a canoe was flying over a dog house
and it lost on wheel, how many pancakes
would it take to build a dog house?

These are things I think about when I read this thread.
or ANY FR15 post for that matter.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Maybe cranking and grinding?

Not a lot of people know this...but I've found you can get a lot of power out of a lawnmower by sharpening the blade.....

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

A lot of people don't know this...but you should never put chickens in a milk jug.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
A lot of people don't know this....but if you add too much lift to a cam without the proper lobe timing....crankshaft interference will occur...it takes a lot of knowledge to grind a cam properly.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Cam welding is only as good as the welder.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
and that interference will surely mess with your timing! do not want the spark on the intake cycle.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Doing so will adjust the cam timing. and increase torque and RPM by volumes.

It's all about the valve lash...POWER BABY!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

A lot of people don't know this...but HF tires will last for over a year if you don't drive your kart.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Oh now you wanna talk about torque increasing Compression by Volumes! Valve lashing will do it!
But not recommended for you beginners! OMG

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
The gas goes in the tank...(( for you beginners)).

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Not to get too technical....but all you noobs need to look up face palming and tongue lashing.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Payback is an orangutan....

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I've found that grinding 1/4" off the cam lobes make it much easier to pull the starting rope.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
[/COLOR]I've found that grinding 1/4" off the cam lobes make it much easier to pull the starting rope.
I found it's possible to not listen to certain people here, and save a lot of aspirin.

And for those who don't know it or aren't aware of the fine details about structures, waffles make a much shinier plasma gopher.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I found it's possible to not listen to certain people here, and save a lot of aspirin.

And for those who don't know it or aren't aware of the fine details about structures, waffles make a much shinier plasma gopher.

I was reading a bunch of info about those earlier. I bought micro carbide bits, but heard high-speed steel bits would be better.
Do you guys use the hand twist chuck drill thing? En espanol, la chingadara?

Status
Not open for further replies.