Manco dingo 808 rebuild

Possom Point

Reaction score
Ok fellas. I put everything back to stock. Air box and muffler. Was running fine with the muffler I had made, rode for a while and then bogged down at WOT, checked carb seemed clean, put it back together same thing bogged down. Put a drilled out jet back in. Same issue. Put the stock muffler back on. Put the stock jet back in and tan fine, next time I think I’ll go with a ducar, didn’t want to spend the extra $100 but as stated before for a few bucks I could have gotten more bang for the buck and a few tweaks and turns gained a nugget more horsepower.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Ok fellas. I put everything back to stock. Air box and muffler. Was running fine with the muffler I had made, rode for a while and then bogged down at WOT, checked carb seemed clean, put it back together same thing bogged down. Put a drilled out jet back in. Same issue. Put the stock muffler back on. Put the stock jet back in and tan fine, next time I think I’ll go with a ducar, didn’t want to spend the extra $100 but as stated before for a few bucks I could have gotten more bang for the buck and a few tweaks and turns gained a nugget more horsepower.
Ducar has a 224 out now. Non governored and needs a flywheel.

I'd say your problem is a simple fix that you are over looking.
Always replace those carb gaskets when switching or removing carbs, and keep checking that black carb insulator plate, it will crack when tightened and loosened, causing a vacuum leak. These gaskets and insulator plates are cheap, you should always have extras when tuning.

I would start over and go back checking everything.

Head bolt torque 17 ft/lbs
Valve lash .003"
Coil air gap, stock flywheel and coil .035"

If these are fine, it's gotta be a fuel issue.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
So reading and looking at the Ducar 224. adding a pvl flywheel, would the stock rod need to be changed? Since it has no governor…
Not from what they say. I'm sure they got the matching parts in it to hold together.
I'm trying to talk a guy around here to get 1 so I can peek inside, 😆 🤣 😂

Look at their stock rod 196 engines, its been around for years and hold up really good in the kart racing world.

I'm not afraid to run a stock rod. Some are better then others, but it's the rpm, pressure, and tune that kills stock rods. That's why these engines are low compression ratio and low ignition timing. When you start bumping them up is when the rod goes bad. And of coarse oil changes too.

I'm sure Dyno Cams has tested and hand picked the parts, so I wouldn't worry about it. They been around too long to sell some untested junk.
Give em a call and ask.

It wouldn't surprise me if they had the stock ducar 212 carb and the CL 1 grind cam in it.