• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

How was your day too....two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Well since my first thread got closed....I thought I'd open a new one....this is for off-topic comments about your day...good or bad.....

Let's try not to get this one too serious..

machinist@large

Reaction score
R.I.P. old friend.....

In the first iteration of this type of thread, a little under two months ago I reported running over a large piece of mystery junk that fell off the back of someone's pickup while coming home from work (second shift, almost 11 PM); long story short, couldn't avoid it, so went right over it.

One cracked transmission case: three different mechanics refuse to do anything but replace it. The longest estimate for survival was a week or two. I've probably put the total value of the car before the crunch through it in tranny fluid, but it still ran like a top when full.

Then came the stop & go of tonight's commute (gotta love those really anal school bus driver's); pull away from a stop. Suddenly, second gear decided to take over with a bang. Said bang blows a fist size chunk out of the bottom of the transmission case.....

Needless to say, the poor thing is basically done.

While we have members here who have way cooler ride's, I still ask for a moment of silence for my old friend, the one my grandparents bought new in 1997. I bought her from my grandma over 6 years ago, almost doubled the milage, to a final total of 93,148.

The shiny side has been repainted several times; plus all the work that I've been quoted starts with "If we can........" means that she's done.....

The only thing that didn't work was the fuel gauge.

I'm scrambling to get another vehicle running. We'll see how it goes....

Attachments

• IMG_20141009_191531.jpg
    IMG_20141009_191531.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
You dont have to waste your time writing it... I'll do it for you;
"So I'm in the process of building a frame that i can mount the cars motor on... Because the engine still runs."
Right?
Check my 262bhp thread in off topic fun. Do that.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to say sorry..
my week was (still is) pretty miserable, and without adding details here,
I need to apologize!
I'm not in the best mood and I let that shine through, which I shouldn't have.

'sid

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Well.....my week has been pretty good, and today I am taking a half day to go to the beach for the weekend. A couple of hours of metal detecting on the beach will do me good

fowler

Reaction score
well my week

removed trays off dump trucks till wednesday
the rigger who are the guys that hook up the chains and guide the crane drived failed us twice

first time they rigged it up all wrong so as i hit the last hit out the tray tipped forward and landed on the cab
thats only about 14 tonnes coming down on it
lucky the trucks have rops (roll over protection)
the second time they rigged it too far the other way and and the tray dropped a foot
about 2 inches from my head
that kiddie is why we were hard hats

also the truckes were shipped in from Indonesia
with no maintainence the pins were as dry as a bone
each hit with the sledge hammer moved the pin under a mm

so by thursday id had enough and took a sick day (got over a month accured sick leave) to help a mate wreak out a holden barina
that was fun pulling it apart

then today we did bugger all
and now im going to the pub becuase im in Australia and its 6 oclock on a friday afternoon

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I ran over my lawn mower with my 1971 AM General Deuce and a half. :censored: Darned kids put the mower where I told them to for once. It is now about 6 inches tall. :mad:

Denny
:feedtroll:

Axx3d

Reaction score
My weeks been great!!

Last weekend took the jet boat on to the Red River to do some camping. Almost to the camp site (15 miles down river) my RPM's dropped to 4700 and my charging system went out. So now im thinking I lost a cylinder,stator and who knows what else. We setup camp and hang out for a night. Pack up and head home and it's running great again @ 5400 RPM. As we get to the launch to pull out it drops RPM'S again.

After compression test and multiple hours with a ohm meter and a dva I figure out it was my rectifier heating up and causing a misfire and no charge.. $6.00 Radio Shack rectifier later i'm back in business!!

Got one more big camping trip next weekend on the St. Croix.. then my boat hibernates..

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just learned I need surgery for my pinky finger, which I thought I had jammed, but instead my knuckle was broken. Oh, so that's why it hasn't gotten better with just a splint and Advil. Fun times. Also, I've learned a new word -- Arthroplasty.

Reaction score
My weeks been great!!

Last weekend took the jet boat on to the Red River to do some camping. Almost to the camp site (15 miles down river) my RPM's dropped to 4700 and my charging system went out. So now im thinking I lost a cylinder,stator and who knows what else. We setup camp and hang out for a night. Pack up and head home and it's running great again @ 5400 RPM. As we get to the launch to pull out it drops RPM'S again.

After compression test and multiple hours with a ohm meter and a dva I figure out it was my rectifier heating up and causing a misfire and no charge.. $6.00 Radio Shack rectifier later i'm back in business!!

Got one more big camping trip next weekend on the St. Croix.. then my boat hibernates..

Pics of the jet boat? My friend had a sea doo sportser 215hp it was crazy!!!!

Robert: oh man sorry to hear that.

JMINDY

Reaction score
I just learned I need surgery for my pinky finger, which I thought I had jammed, but instead my knuckle was broken. Oh, so that's why it hasn't gotten better with just a splint and Advil. Fun times. Also, I've learned a new word -- Arthroplasty.

Sorry to hear that... I may be in the same predicament... my son hit my middle finger about 4 weeks ago...did the splint and ice packs for about 2 weeks... finally have some limited movement without pain... but appearance wise the knuckle and upper half of the finger are not looking right... Been dragging out the decision to go get it checked out...

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that... I may be in the same predicament... my son hit my middle finger about 4 weeks ago...did the splint and ice packs for about 2 weeks... finally have some limited movement without pain... but appearance wise the knuckle and upper half of the finger are not looking right... Been dragging out the decision to go get it checked out...

Get an xray.

xray from the get-go would have told me I shouldn't have been a tough guy, but I didn't do it. I'm very, very unhappy with myself. I've been babying this thing for a while now, and it's only going to be more of a pain in the *** now, if they can even fix it.

Other option is to fuse the knuckle joint, so no more bendy-bendy. But, no more pain when I try to bend it.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Robert....you know I'm ever helpful.....and. have a finger I could give you....but I think it's the wrong one.....:lolgoku:

That sucks....hope you get all better.....

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
With the tiny hands of yours doug it might just fit perfectly ;)

I'm sorry to hear that too Robert, sounds like you made a bad decision back then :(
But it's not too bad to have a functional joint in your pinky,
and since it's going to take just a few weeks to heal after the surgery I think you should go for it and NOT have it fused if possible.

Good luck with that!

'sid

Status
Not open for further replies.