• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

How was your day too....two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So got to work this morning and found the driver's mirror on the box truck I use broken on the floor. Being a used Uhaul truck, they have parts online for them. But all the mirrors and associated hardware is sold out. Go figure. So after I'm done with the bs around the shop I've been working on the past 2 and a half hours, need to drive over to the UHaul place and see if they might sell them. Highly doubt it since the online parts site didn't have any.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
You don't need no stinkin' mirrors.

Sold out? Like the planet has been completely relieved of inventory of these parts?

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Just their online inventory. If it wasn't a 14' box truck and didn't have so many blind spots I'd probably would drive it.

OzFab

Reaction score
So, my lady friend was in for a DOUBLE gastroscopy yesterday & insisted she'd be back at work today; EVERYONE said "Ha, no you won't"...

Well, she insisted on going to work &, two hours after starting, she was in an ambulance after collapsing in agony...

You just can't tell some people...

Kartorbust

Reaction score
My mom had plenty of those over the years. She never got use to the discomfort. Definitely not something to go back to work from. Probably should have scheduled it for a Friday and used the weekend to recover

Kartorbust

Reaction score
One thing is for sure, I need to see if I can't get out of spraying and fertilizing properties. Flipped our Z Sprayer twice, once at the shop around our run off ponds and another time at a commercial complex because of a tree root. Way too much liability using this thing at least for me. Unless my boss trades this older model in for a new model that has a lower center of gravity and is wider, lowering it's chances of rolling on a hill. Oh well hopefully will be moved out of Minnesota here by October into a different state and start a new job. Then it won't even matter.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
South Dakota or Nebraska. We are looking at both places. My fiancee's family lives in Nebraska and most of mine live in Minnesota so we're trying to split the difference. More than 7 hours of driving and I'm burned out. Though South Dakota has no state income tax, so I can save more technically and just get federal back.

Status
Not open for further replies.