A few comet clutch cleaning videos on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtrado

Reaction score
Can you do a video or write up of taking apart a Comet Series 40 clutch? Thanks alot. I dont want to wreck mine trying to clean it.

Kurtrado

Reaction score
I might just do it one soon. I haven't made a video in nearly a year. It could be time.

Thank you. It would be so helpful. I am having problems with lurching so I figured the clutch is dirty. I did just put on a new belt from Comet, do they tend to stretch? Maybe causing the lurching because they dont engage early enough?

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
The belts don't really stretch and series 40 doesn't really require maintenance... Its one of those things where you clean it out, use a small amount of dry lube and leave it alone for YEARS. If anything you might have a problem with improperly sized belt or perhaps a driven clutch.

gixxerkart

Big Boss
Reaction score
question, on a 30 series, is the inner sheave supposed to easily go in if you give it some pressure? mine just goes right in, then if i start the motor and rev it, it will pull out. i dont know if my clutch works yet as it has no belt (on it's way)

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
question, on a 30 series, is the inner sheave supposed to easily go in if you give it some pressure? mine just goes right in, then if i start the motor and rev it, it will pull out. i dont know if my clutch works yet as it has no belt (on it's way)

Sounds normal so far.

gixxerkart

Big Boss
Reaction score
So what's going on when a driven unit won't oPen up ? Mine does just that. Somebody painted it and it has sat outside for awhile. Could the buttons be preventing it from sliding?

Status
Not open for further replies.