A few comet clutch cleaning videos on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighead

Reaction score
Ya man, do a tire change for dummies vid.

I spent 10 minutes per wheel getting the tires off the wheels. I could not figure out how to get the tire back on the wheel. After watching some youtube vids I got an idea. My father in law is okay at it. But he is on vaction now.

I made a home made bead breaker that works killer. Ugly as hell but it works. I will post vid/thread of that as well. Ugly for the scrap metal I picked at the scrap yard was calvinized coating. Hate that stuff.

redsox985

Reaction score
I still want to see your tire guy change a car tire with screwdrivers.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah, my cuz is crazy with those tires. We'll throw a video up there of that eventually. None of our tires are hurting at the moment but rest assure it will happen at one point.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Yo, would anyone like to see a slightly more serious and better explained version of the tire sizes video? Additionally, what others things would you like to see that are easy to display on vids?

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not sure how easily I can put spring or cam button replacement into a video. I can put something up about cleaning it but really its just spraying it out with brake or carb cleaner and making sure the surfaces are clean, there isn't anything special regarding it.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
I ended up killing the video, we're going to re-shoot it with more specific shots of tire information to make it easier to understand.

redsox985

Reaction score
Note: You must be 18 years or older to view these instructions; minors should never work on go-karts.

Hahaha! I think we should be encouraged to work on them if we have them. Being able to troubleshoot and fix stuff is a great, money-saving skill to have.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
I saw that and I agree that its safety oriented. I'll post disclaimers on the videos and edit them to include items like that but honestly as long as its supervised I think kids should be involved.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Thunderkart/Brister karts used a floating jackshaft. Symettrical torque converter systems series 20/40/maxtorque actually work slightly better using this set-up when running inboard. Because the driven clutch is not stationary the belt has the ability to stay completely centered during operation.

bighead

Reaction score
I am still pushing for the recalled Yerfdog vid. Explaining how and why they were recalled. And then the fix. Or how to fix. You can make the kit to repair the kart and sale them. Just a thought. Safety first right? Probably legal problems with that even huh?

I would be your first buyer of the kit.

Or a ATV style tire change vid for stupid people like me. Your last vid make it to easy. Slow it down some. You said in your comments that it was an easy wheel to change. Can you do a stuff wheel? ATV style is what I would like to see. Or any special tools or DIY setups in your tire changing station. I need to come up with something. I have lots of tires now. I need a setup for sure.

tony7281

Reaction score
Awesome videos Blazkowiez.

I agree with wallgator and B man. A video on the driven unit, the different springs, and alignment would be very useful.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Soon after editing we'll be uploading a new tire video but honestly as far as driven clutches go, I can go over cleaning them but I won't be uploading a video over assembly or different springs or anything of that manner since normal consumers really don't need that information, and those that do have more than the ability to figure it out.

Would you really want a video on cleaning knowing that all i'll be telling you is to wear safety goggles while blowing it out with carb/brake cleaner and to keep the surfaces clean???

66 Shorty

X-Man
Reaction score
Great Videos! That's what made me pull mine apart to make sure everything was good & clean, & of course it wasn't.

I'm sure you know, but, the Comet 40 isn't the same as the 20-30 series at all. I just pulled mine apart to clean it up. That was interesting getting it apart. Luckily I'm smarter than the clutch. LMFAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.