196 cc engine mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

leesiel

Yardcart 196
Reaction score
I'm an idiot!!! Its a 12 tooth cc thanks for correcting me .(not sure how I miscounted it the first time). That makes my gear ratio 5:1! Pulls harder than I expected; with that gear ratio

leesiel

Yardcart 196
Reaction score
Just spreading the info for others .I'm extremely happy with how she pulls now...not going to muck with gear ratio(till I go live axle and tc) still my fuel issues plague me!

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I'm still skeptical; consider your previous post
My guess is that clutch is mislabelled...

Right. I mean Monday was 3.14 day.
So #35 chain is 3/8 pitch.

3/8 being .375" times 3.14
There is just not enough teeth to get around a 3/4 shaft at 10. Minimum I have seen is 12 and 11 on a 5/8.

[edit] I just emailed them... will let you know.

anderkart

Reaction score
Anyone on the fuel issue???

Sounds like you might have accidentally installed your carb spacer upside down. They cant make a good seal that way, try flipping it around :thumbsup:

The 3/4" bore Noram Arena racing clutch is available in your choice of 9 & 10 tooth, #35 pitch.
But its expensive because its built to handle racing engines with like 20HP:
http://www.out2win.com/catalog/noram_arena.html

Its only drawback (besides the price) is the center hole in its drive gear is smaller than 3/4", so it cant slide all the way onto your engines output shaft like most all other clutches... So this clutch must be installed outboard, and its drive gear ends up way out, just past the end of your output shaft. Requiring you to either:

Simply adjust your axle sprocket over a couple inches so the chain will line up.

Or, what some kart racers do is; Cut a couple inches off their engines output shaft, so this clutch can be installed all the way in tight to the engine just like normal clutches.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I'm still skeptical; consider your previous post
My guess is that clutch is mislabelled...

Ok so I contacted the 10 tooth clutch link posted above.
AND here is the response:

""It actually is possible and they have been around for years. The drum comes without a bearing and has to be lubed. They have anti-seize compound from the factory for you to use to keep it running smooth. The 11 tooth clutch and up has a bushing like what you are used to seeing. If you have any questions feel free to give us a call at 386-938-4211.
Thank You,
Jared
Box Stock Project, Inc.""

Good to know.

leesiel

Yardcart 196
Reaction score
Ironed out my fuel issues ...have since bought e tube ,jets, springs(22lb) , the autolite racing plug, high flow air filter w/velocity adapter(?) 8° offset key,valve cover with pulse fitting, fabricated fuel tank mounting bracket and extended carb mounting studs , new drive tire tread, throttle cable, found waterproof material for seat cover, brake band ,side gasket (case) valve cover gasket,New c.c. clutch , chain....again, smaller diameter fan, exhaust header oh yeah and an interior crankcase cleaning and oil change. Haven't installed the springs, the offset key the e tube or the seat material.IMG_20160414_005359.jpg

IMG_20160414_005305~2.jpg

IMG_20160307_151405.jpg

IMG_20160307_150742.jpg

IMG_20160307_150749.jpg Sorry she's dirty but I ride exclusively off road and 2 days before our last 3 rides it has rained (is raining now in fact.....technically 3 days before our next ride) so the woods and trails are pretty wet.

leesiel

Yardcart 196
Reaction score
May wait till I can get rod and cam at same time. Still don't understand why they sell you springs with the kit when they aren't necessary at this stage.( same parts for the non hemi predator as mine cept lighter valve springs.) P.s. how do I install videos....says uploading but never does

leesiel

Yardcart 196
Reaction score
:mad2:OK did some testing today and I'm not happy! No matter what combo I try, the stock jet/e tube gives me the highest top speed.;acceleration is only slightly better with other jets and 140 e tube than stock. 5:1ratio and stock setup still allows me to leave a 30 ft black mark on dry asphalt ! Capable of 38 to 40mph bone stock (minus governor : GPS and ride beside measured). After upgraded intake and exhaust (recommended jet and 140 e tube ) topped out @33-35 mph on #37 jet &140 tube ;31-32 mph on 36 jet and e tube ....was gonna try stock jet and 140 tube but couldn't get the tube out after the last run, may try again later if rain stops. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Or am I?:mad::huh:

leesiel

Yardcart 196
Reaction score
From what I read here and other places I'm doing the right stuff for my motor and getting negative results is my point ! If I have neglected something I would like to know! If I forgot something I would like to know! Documenting my results to give a more complete picture so others may be able to decipher if I need to try something else or if I neglected something simple in the rush for more speed . Why so snippy? :huh::confused:

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Not snippy skippy...jest wanted to know what your question was!!!! I'd say you got too much going on for the stock configuration to handle....time for at LEAST a stage one cam!

leesiel

Yardcart 196
Reaction score
Thanx ! May I ask why? Or point me in right direction to learn why recommended adjustments are having negative effects. From all my research this should be a great simple addition . :huh:( I followed all of forerunners advice to a tee ) 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.