$150.00 Pawn Shop find

Status
Not open for further replies.

soggycrashed

Reaction score
"My friend has a friend who was riding with his friend (that's hard to comprehend right there) on a go kart and the thing flipped, he grabbed the top of the roll cage and the 200lb+ kart fell on his arm and cracked the bone."

My point exactally!

I suppose one would make more sense on a larger kart, mine's the average for a kart, about this size... but lower to the ground and less useless steel:

I really wish my kart was wider though... or maybe I'm just too fat. 6'3" and 190lb at 13 years old, **** annoying if you ask me.

How much does your kart weigh without the child?

bshinn

Reaction score
And BTW I know I'm an old fart (46) but that's NOT a go kart! If it has suspention/springs or any form of transmission (other than a shifter kart of course) & that's debatable. :thumbsup: It's not a go kart.

This is a Go Kart............. Flame on!

Attachments

• GoKart.jpg
    GoKart.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 23

OzFab

Reaction score
And BTW I know I'm an old fart (46) but that's NOT a go kart! If it has suspention/springs or any form of transmission (other than a shifter kart of course) & that's debatable. :thumbsup: It's not a go kart.

So, you're saying this is not a go kart?

jandj

Reaction score

I'm probably going to regret putting my dog in this fight, but as an older fart (55, apprentice geezer) I have to agree....As for cages, if you have one you can use belts.You may even want to add side netting like on a Midget or SprintCar. No cage, no belts. Better to be tossed out instead of strapped in while it rolls on top of you, usually more than once.

OzFab

Reaction score
THAT my friend is a classic example of a go kart! Not really digg'in the balloon tires, but to each his own.

Can I assume you're referring to the AmEx I posted? If so, it doesn't meet your guidlines:

If it has suspension/springs or any form of transmission (other than a shifter kart of course) & that's debatable. :thumbsup: It's not a go kart.

... as it has springs on the front

bshinn

Reaction score
Ok you got me, but I still stand by my statement. If you put that kart in front of 99% of people they wouldn't be able to tell it from a Rupp or GK800 from 15'. It has the essence of an early 60's kart.

A go kart is a simple uncomplicated , and somewhat dangerous :thumbsup: machine. Thank your local Attorney for killing them off here in the States. :censored:

The things that are marketed as "go karts" today are nothing of the sort, fun as they may be. They are more along the lines of the original Honda Odyssey from the early 80's.

And BTW you might consider a coil spring offering an inch of travel "suspension" :lolgoku: that was not what I was referring to.

It's all about the ESSENCE :cheers2:

bshinn

Reaction score
If anybody has a line on one of those old AmEx frames, I'd love to pull all the good stuff off this frame & build it up for my kids........just have to find some spacers to replace the springs :cornut:

OzFab

Reaction score
Ok you got me, but I still stand by my statement. If you put that kart in front of 99% of people they wouldn't be able to tell it from a Rupp or GK800 from 15'. It has the essence of an early 60's kart.

A go kart is a simple uncomplicated , and somewhat dangerous :thumbsup: machine. Thank your local Attorney for killing them off here in the States. :censored:

The things that are marketed as "go karts" today are nothing of the sort, fun as they may be. They are more along the lines of the original Honda Odyssey from the early 80's.

And BTW you might consider a coil spring offering an inch of travel "suspension" :lolgoku: that was not what I was referring to.

It's all about the ESSENCE :cheers2:

I totally agree, I was being pedantic but, after your statement, I just had to point it out. :thumbsup: :cheers2:

Anddd... They're off! :popcorn:
:lolgoku:

:thumbsup: All in good fun though!

:lolgoku: So was that & my question. TS knows me well by now :thumbsup:

bshinn

Reaction score
I have the kid's kart almost completely mocked up.... will post more pix tomorrow.

Just waiting for a brake drum & kill switch to arrive & it will be finished.

OzFab

Reaction score
No worries mate, & I'm dead serious about the AmEx chassis!

About six months ago, those things were appearing everywhere but, I haven't seen one in a while. Best suggestion would be to keep an eye on craigslist & ebay.

As they were never available over here, I plan to make one next year

Status
Not open for further replies.