Recent content by mhero

  1. M

    racing motor question

    I have not tried to start is, as the fuel lines were cut, and with the condition of the air filter I was afraid of doing damage - it is not seized - I can turn it over by hand, I am not familar w/ these @ all, how would I know what's stock or not when I open it up?
  2. M

    racing motor question

    I have a KT100 motor built by Stencil Racing Motors - which after searching around I have found out was a great motor builder in California in the 80's and 90's. The motor needs to be gone through, I can work on motors, but have never done anything w/ 2 strokes, so I had a friend talk to his...
  3. M

    new kart, new questions

    I have all the steering linkage, and parts, I only need replace the bearings, and fix some rust issues w/ the steering uprights. Does anyone have an idea of the make and model of this frame? Also the kart came w/ a brand new wet clutch, but the old one is stuck on the shaft. if you look @ the...
  4. M

    new kart, new questions

    I recently purchased a new kart - it's shall we say a project... unknown make/ model, has a KT100 built by Stencil Racing which is going to need an overhaulin', brakes frozen, crappy homemade master cylinder mount, after searching the forum here I found how they are supposed to mount, and will...
  5. M

    axel bearing help

    dam those pesky decimal points. I've got some 1" sanding wheels, I'm going to try to modify one (the bearings were only $1) but will be ordering 3 more if that fails.
  6. M

    axel bearing help

    below are descriptions of the new axel and axel bearings I just received. I cannot get the bearings to slide onto the shaft, I can get them about 1/8" on to threads @ the end of the shaft. I don't want to damage the threads or new bearings. So I ask the experts..... what's the trick? Axle...
  7. M

    TC belt size

    there isn't any adjustment - on the yerf dog I just replaced the jack shaft plate, the old one was cut so that the motor was seperated from the jack shaft- and adjustable, but the new one isn't
  8. M

    TC belt size

    I have found a bunch of links and charts on belt size, but I want some help to be sure I order the correct belts for my karts I have a Yerf dog which has a 30 series TC with a 7" driven and a CTC measurement between 6 11/16 and 6 3/4" and a Manco also w/ a 30 series 7" driven and a CTC...
  9. M

    american sportworks

    did american sportworks close? I was looking for a manual for my Manco 4005 B 09, and all links that I can find are broken does anyone have a link that may work, or a PDF
  10. M

    wheel bearing replacement

    what is the best mothod for removal and replacement of the front wheel bearings on a yerf dog kart?
  11. M

    opened can of worms

    The previous owner was crafty, but unskilled - between the homemade shaft, screw driver bit turned shaft key The belt they had on it worked but it wasn't even close to a proper belt (I am learning this all after the fact) I looked to me like the back plate on the 30 series driven has a slight...
  12. M

    opened can of worms

    update - I purchased a better gear puller and got the back plate off the motor shaft, but it is now concave, so I guess I'm buying a new drive unit, the brake drum is out of round so I still need to remove the axel to replace. Still looking for ideas or help on that one... another question -...
  13. M

    opened can of worms

    I recently purchased 2 go karts for my kids (or so the story goes) a Manco, and a yerf dog, both 2 seaters. The yerf dog belt shredded so I started removing the TC - after much swearing and frustration I got the movable sheeve of the drive pulley off the shaft of the motor, the stationary...
Top